New Markmont. Formula Strings!

All your favorite @Markmont Formula strings are now available on YoYoExpert. With 10 different variations, there’s a Markmont. Formula for everyone!

15 Likes

How many strings come on each card? 5?

4 Likes

I wish I understood the descriptions. I just don’t think I’m advanced enough to understand or appreciate what the string descriptions are trying to convey to me. I may give Night Moves a try though since I’m always game to try out a new brand of neon orange strings.

11 Likes

On his website there is a guide that’s helpful. If you like medium or thick string and easy, snappy binds, I recommend Cumulus Foam, Copernicus or Blue Eyed White Dragon.

3 Likes

Hey man feel free to DM me for assistance :+1:t6:

9 Likes

Same here. I’m a simple man in need of simple words. I just need a Kitty Reg equivalent and a Kitty Fat equivalent. That said I’ve heard really positive things about these strings.

4 Likes

Click here for a quick guide for equivalent based recommendations.

Kitty Fat users I would personally recommend Cumulus Foam and Copernicus

Kitty regular users I would recommend Cirrus Foam and 65

9 Likes

This is perfect, ty!!!

2 Likes

The strings I currently use the most are:

• YYSL Type X
  • YYSL Plutonium, for yoyos with wider gaps
  • ZipLine Business Class (these are my favorites atm, especially Golden Eye)

My style of play is “beginning learner” (I have not yet finished learning all the tricks on the YYE trick ladder). I don’t yet know how to do any slacks, whips (except Plastic Whip), hooks, or lacerations.

What would you recommend?

3 Likes

can you do Brent Stole and Hidamase hook? those are two REALLY cool tricks and very very helpful!

3 Likes

65s will be the most similar. Several others will be close in thickness but 65 will be the closest to what you’re used to. You should try some dragons just because they’re legendary. The dragons and cumulus/cirrus foam do a good job of replicating the old toxic string.
Night moves are the thinnest of all the strings I believe.

2 Likes

Id recommend 65 good sir. Solid all around standard option that has some perks :+1:t6:

1 Like

Thinnest are:

Night Moves
Draken
Cirrus Foam

Oh and for the record (I keep forgetting to mention this one) Cumulus Foam is ‘very’ very similar to BGI. If you were in the BGI camp of interest then you will enjoy Cumulus Foam.

If you want a thinner equivalent to BGI, go with Cirrus Foam :+1:t6:

4 Likes

Night moves is a bit slick and thin, and whips like a beast. I have never seen anything that whips faster than night moves. When I first strung up a throw with it, went to whip a hook and didnt even see the string move.

3 Likes

I was so stoked to see dragons being made again, and tbh I prefer the new to the og. But the og dragons were the first string that really blew my mind when I first tried them.

3 Likes

Mmmaaannnn you ain’t playin. First time I tried our prototype of it I was ‘gasped’ :joy:

3 Likes

I am also curious about this @YoYoExpertGarrett

2 Likes

On Facebook André wrote he likes the 65 for playing around and the Night Moves is great for hooks.

2 Likes

I bought some back when he first opened his store, it took me a while to get into dragon and cumulous foam. Those are so different feeling compared to the soft nylon and nylon/poly blends I’d been playing. I got a sample of 65 in a monthly throws package, and I fell in love immediately. From there I learned to love the stiffer strings.

The dragons, night moves, copernicus, and the foams are now my preferred strings. Amy, 65 and rebby are the gateway strings, more like other high end poly but better. Anything that I’m throwing a lot gets a markmont. I’ve managed to wear out 1 amy string, but I’ve got a lot of hours now on some dragon and it still plays fantastic. You gotta break your fingers in to these bad boys, but its worth it. They give you even better whips and slacks than the best nylon, but don’t have nylon’s tendency to twist themselves into tangles.

The only other string I’ve found that is comparable is One Drop’s long cuts, they feel like a compromise between 65 and cumulous foam. I believe they both originate in Oregon. Coincidence?

@Markmont I’d love to see a bright green dragon-ish variety, or other colors twisted in like blue eyed dragon.

6 Likes

Yeah based on what you said I’d love to try Dragon but I don’t do white string.