Markmont Dragon Strings: Cumulous Foam

Got me some as well. Excited to give em a go.

2 Likes

Lol - yes I’m real :joy:

5 Likes

Like the real markmont? Me and you:

18 Likes

A++++ expression @Markmont would like again :rofl:

5 Likes

LOL - there’s only 1 :joy::ok_hand:t6:

9 Likes

So i bought a 10 pack of Cumulous Foam. I think i can comfortably say it is my favorite string to date. I had to buy more because i think every one of my throws will be wearing this stuff soon. I also ordered some of the Drakken. Also a great string, but im not sure it fits my style of play like the CF does.

6 Likes

Awesome, glad to hear it. I’ll have to snag some soon too.

I’m actually still playing the one from when I wrote this review. Still plays awesome, doesn’t feel soggy at all.

4 Likes

Dddoooppeee - glad to hear it y’all. Cumulus Foam is def a crowd favorite. Draken is def not for everyone but if you can get use to it, it’ll really suit you well for punctual technical play and/or competition play. It remains very very playable when hands get the stage sweats :+1:t6:

9 Likes

I’m liking this but man it is rooooough on the fingers, maybe the roughest non-poly string I’ve ever seen! It plays a lot like nylon without all of the nylon slippiness. Maybe that’s why @smileypants707 likes it so much.

:crazy_face: uuhhhhhh I … disagree with this part?

5 Likes

I would love to try these out however shipping to the UK is just too expensive :frowning:

2 Likes

Give them a little time to break in. I haven’t tried them yet, but If they’re anything like the OG markmont strings they start pretty rough and break-in nicely after a few hours of play.

8 Likes

My first thought, as a long time DRAGON string user, was that they are a little softer right off the bat compared to the original DRAGON.

6 Likes

He lives in Texas, soft is different there.

5 Likes

Correct, I have what’s known as “real man’s hands”.

KIDDING. I’m kidding. That’s just a pejorative statement you’d hear some random Texan make. But I do have calloused carpenter hands that are use to working.

Honestly, these cumulus foam strings feel similar to standard polyester strings to me. Which are usually on the rougher side anyway. Compared to nylon that is.

8 Likes

It’s definitely ‘100% poly’. Not sure who started the notion that DRAGON was ever nylon but that’s falseeeeeee false fale.

Also yes - there is a break-in period for certain. No different then say some good selvedge jeans that last over a year, they take break in time.

And if DRAGON, Draken, Cumulus Foam are not your jam, Amy and Rebby are noticeably softer. ‘65’ which I just need to add to the website is also on the softer side as well.

Also will soften up after first machine-wash.

*insert black thumbs up

8 Likes

Get them up, I need my fix :rofl:

edit: and when could we expect bearing spinning things on your site? :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

YEAH MARK MONT GIVE US THE YOS  

7 Likes

After trying these for myself, I second everything you’ve said about them. These strings are next level for sure! I will definitely be getting more in the future :grin:

4 Likes

Dddoooppeeee

1 Like

LOL It’ll be a good minute before I start providing details on the next release - BUT I WILL however have some new MC colors going up on the shop in the next few weeks.

I’m going to definitely try to get around to getting 65 up on the shop this week. No promises because ‘life happens’ lol, but def a priority.

5 Likes