Markmont Dragon Strings: Cumulous Foam

:+1::+1:t2::+1:t3::+1:t4::+1:t5::+1:t6:

9 Likes

Aye different strokes for different folks *chuckles

5 Likes

Funny you mention that; longer strings I mean, not strokes (that’s for another forum). I’ve been deadlocked on Spirit Bomb for waaaay too long until today, when inspiration struck. I said to myself “Self, I think the string is too short.” After adding a couple inches, viola, Spirit Bomb is checked off the Y@tr!cks list and I Leveled Up. Can’t wait to try some of these threads from the more melanated brother. Thanks for letting me share.

6 Likes

I have been loving both the 65 and Cumulus Foam as well. I plan on writing a review on both soon!!

3 Likes

I bought some Dragon and Amy back when the shop first opened. I just couldn’t quite get into them. Then I got a couple cumulous foam strings in a monthly throw box, I like them a lot. So now I’m giving the dragon and amy more play until they click for me. I also just ordered more cumulus foam, some 65 and rebby. I’ll be watching to see what the new formulas look like.

5 Likes

Dope man - most people def don’t jive with ‘all’ the formulas because they are all made to have different characteristics. Also yes - theres def an option or a few for everyone, just gotta put in a little trial period to find the jams that suit cha best. Glad you’re digging Cumulus and trying others insert black thumbs up

6 Likes

Maaannnnnn CONGRATS - when I switched to longer string some years back, it opened up my style drastically. Def helps a ton for more complex string tricks.

3 Likes

No question about it. And thank you bro. It’s cool to be able to interact with a legend on here, much cooler to be complimented by aforementioned legend.

6 Likes

0000_MF%20BEWD

0001_MF%20BEWD%202

0001_MF%20BEWD%204

0000_MF%20BEWD%203

New Formula Release Alert

Introducing Blue Eyed White Dragon—aka ‘The Denim String’. Straight from the genome - the DRAGON genome in fact. If you’re a fan of DRAGON, then you will most definitely be a fan of this. The twist pattern used to properly implement the ‘blue eye’ leaves the texture feeling more pebbled and resistant than the feel of throwing on DRAGON. The weave is locked in very neatly; this is noticeable in the feel of throw on string. The throw noticeably glides with a textured smooth grit that makes for a ‘very’ unique tactile feel. More controlled then DRAGON but trust, BOLD all the same.

Fades over time like jeans insert black thumbs up

Lifeline per string
1+ year any level and amount of play (washing recommended)

8 Likes

Through up a Quick Guide for those trying to determine which formula to try - here

6 Likes

i wanna try this

1 Like

Just received my 25 pack of Cumulus Foam. It’s definitely a different feel from other strings I’ve tried, but in a really good way. I was questioning how 100% poly could last so long, but now that I’ve felt them and played them, I can understand why.

I’ve been looking for more opportunities to support black owned businesses (particularly in yoyo).

Keep up the good work @Markmont and Will :+1:t4:

8 Likes

Thanks a ton man - we really do appreciate that.

I take my roll in the throw community as a black yoyoer and specifically black business owner very seriously. The black communities children need to see more black people doing eclectic business so that they can have a better perspective on the amount of options and ‘choice’ they actually have in what they choose to get into with their life - outside of the common stereotypical trades and interest.

15 Likes

These strings last for a year?! Wut

2 Likes

I know right? *insert chuckles

2 Likes

On the topic of lasting a year with washes, is shrinkage a problem? Machine dry or hang? Haha

3 Likes

Polyester usually doesn’t shrink as a fiber. But it should return to its pre stretched state. I recommend washing on cold and hang drying just to be safe

3 Likes

Amy and Rebby good for fixie’s? Won’t melt?

1 Like

LOOOL this reads mad funny LOL. You shouldn’t have to worry bout shrinking lol.

3 Likes

Melt? Not sure if I follow that one heh - never seen that happen :grin:

1 Like