Zipline strings

Thinking about seeing what all the fuss is about. How long do your ziplines last? I’ve been using kitty fat first class and i get a couple days out of them with a couple hours or so a day

2 Likes

I have an EP 20/20 that I’ve been using on my Panorama for months and it barely looks frayed and still holds up really well. EP stands for Extended Play so it makes sense. They are built to last. Those are probably my favorite of their strings because they feel very similar to Kitty Fat but last so much longer.

Their nylons and nylon blends tend to all last a really long time so even though they seem kinda pricey up front you definitely get your money’s worth. The polyester ones are really nice too but they don’t last quite as long.

5 Likes

Nice! Im thinking my next grab might be a brown diorama so i was looking at strings to match and i think the zipline clockwork orange business class would look sleek with a brown throw…or anything really. My only metal atm is clear anno so easy to matchy match with anything

1 Like

They just some of the best strings around, Alphaline are a pleasure to play, they last, they whip fast, they don’t torque much, nice on the hands, great strings overall both for competition or normal playing.
There are always amazing models more expensive like the Skyline and the EP2020, both amazing strings but more expensive.

I use the Alphaline and Kitty First Class the most (both in neon yellow)

5 Likes

Ziplines are as good as it gets. They are the gold standard for quality boutique strings and for good reason. About a year ago, I bought a 3 pack of skyline 3 and a 3 pack of executive class and some other stuff. I laced up one of each on my favorite throws. I usually end up transferring them between certain throws in any given playing session. Those two strings have the power to take almost any throw and make it better. A throw that might be rated 10/10 will get bumped into the Special category with these. You get the point I think. Also even after continuous use and transferring them between several throws, I’m still only on the first string from each of those three packs. And that’s no lie or exaggeration. And I haven’t even washed either of them. The skyline still looks almost new and the executive class just started getting frayed but even that process is dragged for a long period of time. Cuz it’s still playing awesome. They’re definitely a nice treat to have around. Or if u just feel like having the finer strings in life.

7 Likes

I love Kot’N for my wooden fixies, but never tried any of their other options for bearing yoyos… until recently. I tried a “prestige” string and don’t think I can go back to kitty fat again.

5 Likes

Just stopping by to say I :heart: Zipline strings and play them more often than any other brand!

4 Likes

Zipline is all I use. I highly encourage you to try the Executive Class and Skyline strings. The addition of nylon to the mix along with the meticulous selection of materials results in a string that just glides across your fingers and makes any throw feel smoother. This has been my experience and that alone makes the extra cost well worth it. And they really do last.

3 Likes

+1 to the Zipline praise. Personally I prefer Nate’s Prestige Edition but Skyline is also 10/10.

3 Likes

These are my favorite ZipLines, along with G2’s Diamond Blend.

In general, I think the high-nylon content ZipLines are very worth the price because they have excellent longevity.

2 Likes

I see what you did there :smirk: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

According to an email sent out today, a few of the favorites mentioned here will soon be going on indefinite production hiatus:

• Signature Plus
  • Smoothie Edition
  • World of Color
  • EP.20/20
  • Scales Edition (Smoothie and EP.20/20)
  • GT13
  • CS50
  • Accel
  • Prestige
  • G2 Diamond Blend

Sounds like the imminent restock is the last planned (for these strings).

8 Likes

Oh bummer! Makes me want to steer clear then. I’d rather not know what im missing. Thanks for the heads up! My clickin finger was gonna be rdy with some of those prestige and ep lol Im gonna go with skylines and business class and see if anything else catches my eye

1 Like

Prestige was pretty unique, IMO. It’s the first nylon blend that I tried and opened by eyes to the potential, but I much prefer Executive Class Lite and Skyline. Executive Class Lite is also not too far off of Diamond Blend.

2 Likes

nigel
So you are saying ziplines will take my yo-yo up up to eleven?

6 Likes

Business class is okay but skyline 3 and executive class lite is where it’s at, of the items NOT going on hiatus.

3 Likes

Yes, absolutely!

2 Likes

I went with a pack of skylines and 2 packs of executive, i cant wait to try them!!

8 Likes

Looks like a lot of the blends are being put on hiatus due to a “Thread Crisis”, I wss a big fan of the Scales Edition @jeremypark.

• Signature Plus
  • Smoothie Edition
  • World of Color
  • EP.20/20
  • Scales Edition (Smoothie and EP.20/20)
  • GT13
  • CS50
  • Accel
  • Prestige
  • G2 Diamond Blend
7 Likes

Zipline is my goto string supplier. I don’t go through many strings but they have my total support, no matter what.

They always provide the best quality and service.

5 Likes