Zipline strings

Whenever I see your pfp I think it’s the knight from hollow knight

Grabbed a few packs of cs121’s. Hope they can get the airetic strings feeling figured out, last round felt good but not as good as my airetic stash.

2 Likes

I used YYSL for over 10 years or so before trying Zipline and their string is insane. Executive Class Lite is far and away the best string I’ve ever used. I don’t throw a ton daily, but I only own a few yoyos and I haven’t worn a single ECL out after like 3 months of having it on all but 1 yoyo. I cannot recommend it highly enough. There’s no way there’s a better string on the market.

Skyline is very good also, a bit faster than the Executive Class Lite, not as perfect to me. Business Class and the EP.20/20 I both really like for a thinner string on my Freehand One. Those two have solid longevity, but not exceptional. I only run them on 1 yoyo, and I’ve used up I think 3 in the past few months.

And now I’m bummed I forgot to check their site yesterday. Been wanting to try CS121 and orange is my go to color :frowning:

8 Likes

I joke to my girlfriend that I never in my wildest dreams would have guessed that as an adult I’d nerd out about string. ZipLine certainly gives cause to do so though. I was first impressed by Doctor Popular’s interview with Jeremy about the extensive r&d that went into formulating the Kot-n string. Jeremy’s passion for the laborious and technical aspects of string making really shows at every level. Much has been said already regarding preferred strings, so I will say this - I’ve never encountered a bad string from ZipLine.

There are certainly bulk string companies whose products I have never tried. However, I have gradually outfitted almost my whole collection with zipline over time. I like different strings for different styles of play and/or style of throw. I keep some alphaline handy as bulk string if needed. I’m always looking to try any new small batch Yoyo string I can, but ZipLine is currently my go-to string for all of the styles that I play. All of the other strings that I found comparable competitors are no longer being made.

The strings are special and Jeremy seems like a really great person. New string day every month is equivalently exciting to new Yoyo mail day.

Edit: clarifying messy words lol

7 Likes

Personally I like Plutonium a little more than Alphaline bulk string wise, the durability makes up for the price difference. Plutonium is quite thick though so it doesn’t work well with every yoyo.

1 Like

I like a bunch of different string from a bunch of different places but zipline is awesome. I love skyline 3 and diamond blend and prestige and executive class. They are all fantastic.

Also Jeremy is just super cool and kind and a pleasure to coordinate stuff with and chat with.

3 Likes

Their Business Class has become my new favorite string, particularly their Goldeneye color. I also like the 20/20 for a thinner string. Smoothies and executive class lite were good but not my favorite.

4 Likes

Who in the competitive landscape uses Zipline Executive Lite if anyone?

Most comp folks burn through string heavily so they use bulk string cause they need to be economical about it unless they are sponsored by a string brand and get it for free :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I absolutely love the Smoothie strings. I grabbed a few packs and some Skylines. I basically only use those two strings these days.

Any suggestions for Smoothie replacements?

1 Like

I’ve found the c3 pro string mix color blend to be pretty similar to smoothies. Specifically the yellow/pink blend. The pink/white one is also good but not as soft and bouncy like the yellow//pink. That one is probably the softest and bounciest bulk I’ve used

5 Likes

This sounds right up my alley! Thinner I presume?

I’ve been using the smoothie edition exclusively for years. I’m interested in a possible replacement as well.

3 Likes

Oh my garage, yall weren’t lying, these things are amazing! I’d pay for them even if they didn’t last as long as yall say. I’m sold!

6 Likes

I only wish @jeremypark would make a larger number of lavender Executive Class. They run out in hours and I’ve not been able to get them for months. :pensive:

1 Like

I love the handwritten note they give with every order. It’s so sweet! The string is also cool ig.

6 Likes

Yea that was an unexpected very awesome touch

2 Likes

The notes are one of my favorite parts. Over the years, it seems like they’ve started to recognize me too, as the notes have gotten slightly more personal. Best family ever n the game, imo!

6 Likes

The notes along with my orders have been personal and most appreciated.

3 Likes

Yeah, yeah… it’s all great… except I think this thread might be responsible for wiping out Zipline’s entire inventory. :rofl::weary:

4 Likes