Strings advice

I’ve only ever gotten normal kitty string. I’m wanting to try better boutique string. Thicker string generally. Should I just try kitty fat? What’s a “nicer” string to try?

3 Likes

Markmont. Cumulus Foam or One Drop Choice strings. Both last so much longer I end up spending less on string.

4 Likes

Markmont. Formulas Cumulus Foam is :fire: :fire: :fire:

3 Likes

How long do they last? I read it, and it can’t be right. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Also consider YoYoStringLabs Plutonium or Ammo, or any of ZipLine’s thicker strings (I don’t know which ones off hand, but the descriptions on the ZL website will tell you).

4 Likes

I dunno yet, as I haven’t worn one out. I usually kill bulk poly in about 20-45 mins, at which point it is so frayed and lifeless that whips require way too much effort. I’ve got over 5 hours on one Cumulus Foam and it’s got a bit of fraying, but it still whips almost like new. I haven’t tried washing it yet, which is supposed to extend its life greatly. I’m very interested to see what washing it actually does.

1 Like

You’d be surprised. lol. I’ve put some Cumulus Foam and Dragons on a few different throws maybe about a month ago. I’ve used them on and off, and I haven’t even had to consider changing them yet. They get some visible wear as they break in, but they still feel strong as ever and play like new. I’d suggest snagging a sample pack if they’re still available. Definitely worth every penny.

1 Like

I second this! I love these strings :smiley:

1 Like

I have only tried cumulus foam and night moves from markmont, but both are great. I’ve been digging night moves a bit more. I have never experienced a string whip as fast as night moves, its nuts! Also yysl type x is a great all around string.

3 Likes

Anything on yye you guys recommend? Ammos any good?

Yysl was my first go to string. Been using that brand since their first prototypes. They are all true to their description. I definitely prefer ammo over venom. Its definitely a thick string if that’s your jam

1 Like

One of the kind members of this forum sent me a grip of YYSL Platinums with a bst transaction. Boy! They ARE nice!

1 Like

Ammo is great string, I always keep some on hand. I like venom also. The Markmont strings are great as well but they are very different when compared to ammo, with the exception of the 65. The 65 feels much more like Ammo, but most of the other formulas have a feel that you just have to experience to understand, unless you’re familiar with what toxic strings felt like

That would be Plutonium, but Platinum sounds like a good name for a lab string. :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m a huge fan of YYSL Plutonium. I’ve been using it almost exclusively on my favorite throws for about a year now. I also just got a Markmont Blue Eyed White Dragon string, and it feels pretty stellar, too. Thick, and very solid, but much softer on the hands than I was anticipating.

1 Like

If anyone has tried sochi…which is similar to kitty fat in terms of thickness?

2 Likes

Oops, trademarked, copyrighted, patented, etc…
I’ll let you use it, but I get 24 of them per year, and you owe me a beer. :handshake:

1 Like