Recommendation for "whippiest" string?

Yeah, I’m looking for string that excels at whip/slack tricks, preferably for sale here at YYE. Doesn’t need to be bulk or inexpensive, just wanting to know what’s ranks near the top.

So, what are you all using?

3 Likes

I legitimately think new Kitty Fat would rank near the top. It’s great. If you’re unimpressed by Kitty (it seems like Kitty is very love or hate for a lot of people) then YYSL Nytro would probably be my recommendation.

4 Likes

Markmont Formulas, Draken is in stock and it Whips itself.

Also Night Moves is super whippy if you can find it elsewhere, instant Bent Stoles

6 Likes

I can’t second Markmont string enough… in 12 years of throwing I’ve never had string whip anything remotely as good. It almost like… holds its form as you do it. Literally don’t even look at getting anything else, it’s a MUST try.

5 Likes

I think Aeretic whips better. It’s the only string I can consistently hit a quad whip ninja vanish with.

4 Likes

Yea but he said available from YYE. I think markmont string is better than everything else from the yye shop.
A lot of other great options elsewhere too. But markmonts are great

2 Likes

But it’s not being made anymore, so…

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

3 Likes

In general you would probably want to go with something nylon as nylon strings tend to be very whippy.

You can’t go wrong with Markmonts, though they aren’t the softest.

1 Like

The only reason I didn’t recommend markmont is because I’d personally opt for Dragon and Cumulus Foam over Drakken, YYEs selection at the moment is a bit sparse. I already find Dragon to be a bit too thin for some gaps, but I guess it does just depend a lot on what yoyo you’re using.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. Sounds like Markmonts are a solid choice. I’ll grab some of the in-stock Draken.

True, more’s the pity.

But it DOES whip insanely well.

1 Like

Zipline:Skyline 3 , they are so soft and whippy “Chefs Kiss :kissing_heart:🤌🏾 Perfection” lol put it this way , I wasn’t able to land whips/Slacks with ANY consistency UNTIL I tried these and now I got whippy combos :sweat_smile:, also there’s these strings from BadWolfeCo are a close second and on top Of that the name is JOKES :joy:
I can also third Markmont they are a tad bit on the heavy and string burny side :sweat_smile: but they are good for the job BUT if you want pillow soft AND whippy go
With one of the first 2 suggestions :grin:

9 Likes

Not sure how often he makes them, but Heartstrings from @Dust are pretty whippy. I think the ones I have are The White or Great White (cant remember the name)

They also last forever. I think I’ve only thrown out 1 or 2 heartstrings in 4 years and they are what I use 90+% of the time. I dont consistently yoyo, but they have tons of hours on them.

2 Likes

Another vote for Zipline’s Skyline III strings. They’re a little thick for me on some of my narrower-gap throws - that’s you, One Drop - but on those, the Executive Class Lite have been perfect . Both of these strings last a ridiculously long time, which more than offsets additional cost.

3 Likes

I still have plenty of The White made up. They never seem to wear out so the last batch I made is still laying in wait. :+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

OP said directly from yye website. Ziplines not available from yye.

And if that is the case, pure nylon out whips zipline allday everyday🤸‍♀️

1 Like

11 Likes

Do you have a website that I can buy off of?

No, I’m not active enough to justify the costs to run a shop at the moment.

They are a special nylon blend that is not for everyone, moves very fast in the air during slacks, have a texture to them but not frizzy at all (frizzy strings move slower and burn you easier) String burn is hard to make happen with these but doesn’t feel soapy or bouncy like the cloud strings did. Only a available in white (hence the name “The White”). Lots of R and D went into these.

Sold by the 6 pack.

PM for more info. :blush:

5 Likes

If you find Draken slippery on some binds, swapping to Dragon (thicker) will help. Some binds I do over arm etc. after long combo’s slip on Draken. Both last forever.