Recommendation for "whippiest" string?

I wanted the thicker Dragon as well to compare, but was sold out. So now I’m tempted now to pick up a Bad Wolfe sampler pack.

And in the interest of science, I’ll try using these giant curtain tiebacks from the local home décor store. They look hella “whippy”. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Ever since I started throwin I legitimately look at EVERYTHING that looks like a yoyo string like “Hmmm I wonder how that would be and if I can make a yoyo string out of it :thinking::joy:

I don’t know about how whippy they are…but BadWolfeCo are amongst the absolute best strings I’ve ever played on. Oh heck they surprised me!

1 Like

I’m also gonna vouch for BadWolfeCo strings. They may not be sold on YYE, but the Sliccs are great if you’re not opposed to Nylon and just want something insanely whippy.

If you’re set on sticking with poly, Sochi Fat or Kitty Fat/XL should do the trick. YoyoStringLab Plutonium is also really nice and whippy.

3 Likes

I’ll plug Bad Wolf Co. I just got some “Danger Zone” Sliccs from Mike at BWC today, and they are awesome! These are my first nylons, so it took me a minute to get used to them. I’ve been playing with them since noon, and they look/feel just like they did when I strung them up. Can’t say the same for the Kitty I was using prior to, but I do like how those play, too. They just fray and tighten too quickly.

As for whippiness, I don’t have too many slack tricks in my repertoire, yet, but the few that I do seemed fine. It’s such a soft string that I think whips are a little tougher, but it’s likely just me. Night Moves from Markmont whip great, but you can cut a tree down with it.

Bad Wolf seems like a genuinely cool guy trying to contribute to the community, too, and I’ll likely order some more!

4 Likes

YYSL ammo is super whippy I would recommend it mostly for slack tricks though cause the string is on the really thick side and can make the yo-yo snag most of the time. But other than that it’s a nice string for slack plus it’s really soft too.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the mentions, guys! Sorry I’ve been pretty inactive on the forum recently, just been busy with life and business stuff but I really appreciate it. @danotje Im glad you’re enjoying them and thanks for the kind words.

I’m a little behind on orders right now thanks to the nightmare of dealing with the taxes of being an actual business instead of a hobby as of 2021, so if anybody’s thinking about grabbing my strings I might suggest waiting a few days so I can get caught up :sweat_smile:

4 Likes