Yoyo String

Hello to state it simple I need string. I’m looking for something thick that is whippy and great for slack while maintaining its tension. I bought a ton of kitty normal before researching and it’s unplayable due to it’s slimness. I do not have the money to go spend on string ad I just bought a pack and parents will not let me. I am also entering in the scales open amateur so I’d like something decent before I submit. Please either drop a recommendation or send me some string if you can and have excess. Anything is appreciated, thanks.

Airetic for sure but it isn’t thick

1 Like

Just curious why u like the thick stuff?

Not massive I just like the feel the string

I have used Kitty Fat or XL for a long time. I’ve used it in three contests and many many hours of play. I am unsure whether it is the very best string possible, but lots of really good players have used it. Never skimp out on yoyo parts because competing on a yoyo with worn out pads and old string is a recipe for disappointment.

If your parents aren’t letting you buy string with your own money, maybe have a talk with them about how the equipment you bought isn’t working for you. Not everyone understands that changing the string doesn’t just need to be done when it snaps. 23 bucks is not a lot of money, and if your parents can be convinced of the necessity of getting string, maybe they will let you earn the money by helping them with stuff.

1 Like

I’d recommend the Markmont formula Cumulus Foam. It’s thick enough and handles whips and slacks with ease.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.