What yoyo string do you reccomend in general and why

Hey guys Im going to start going back to yoyoing as ive been absent from the hobby for a while. what string do you guys reccomend in general i typically use regular kitty string but i wanna branch out and try more strings prefferably slack based strings mainly because slack tricks are my favorite and what im going to get into, i might try kitty string xl, but what do you guys prefer for slack or in general.

3 Likes

i make my own Poly string

3 Likes

2 Likes

Airetic…so soft and I find everything else now to be really snaggy comparitevly

3 Likes

what type I’m guessing magic yoyo string

3 Likes

I recommend YoyoStringLab Plutonium. It’s great for slack tricks and binds with it are pretty smooth. It keeps it’s tension better than Kitty String (my previous favorite) and it can last a couple hours of play depending on what tricks you’re doing. Plus they have cool color options and they come stacked in plastic test tubes in packs of 10.

1 Like
3 Likes

I like YYSL Type X. Soft, lasts a long time, works for me. I believe it is just a bit thinner than Venom, Ammo, or Plutonium (which I haven’t tried yet).

1 Like

It depends on the feel you want. @Legit_yoyostrings has some custom strings that are more coarse and whippy than kitty. Airetic is super soft as well as whippy. YYSL Type x is more coarse and tighter than kitty while YYSL Plutonium is smoother and a little whippier. You can’t really go wrong with what YYE stocks so go for a pretty string that makes your wallet happy. Remember to sample before you buy bulk tho.

(These are just strings that I’ve tried. If you have more time and want to save a little, buy some thread online and try spinning some string yourself. Airetic has a bunch of tutorials on their website.)

3 Likes

Kitty string all day. I don’t know why I don’t buy anything else. Maybe some day.

1 Like

Thanks for the reccomendations!

If you want bulk get Iyoyo Slackies. If you want ultra premium get Airetics.

Sochi Fat is cool! I’ve been using it on and off stage and it works nicely for slack stuff.

For slightly softer feel, definitely sochi fat. For a medium feel, kitty fat, for a slightly more harder feel and for speed, Zipline KC24. If you want a harder string for faster speed, 84 strings. You can’t go wrong with any of these.