What is better kitty or sochi string?

I want some solid white bulk yoyo string and was wondering if kitty of sochi is better. Also I have alpha line but it doesn’t come in white.

Tbh it all comes down to preference. Both are quality strings. I suggest buying a 10 pack from each and seeing which you like better.

7 Likes

Good idea!

like @Biased_Opinion said, its all preference. Some players love boutique strings and others will take whatever bulk strings that is cheap. But if your looking for personal opinion, I’d take sochi as kitty string is getting too expensive and sochi last a little longer imo. But just try everything you can get and you’ll find something you like. Even stuff that you’d think you wouldn’t like, still try it. I didn’t think I was going to like sochi at all and now its my go to.

2 Likes

If you‘d ask me, sure, both string a top notch bull strings, but I find Sochi plays on a whole other level! If I don’t have any @jeremypark Ziplines around, I string up my throws with Sochi. Feel a bit more boutiquish compared to kittys somehow… no offense of course, since you can’t go wrong with kitty either :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kitty eats sochi strings :smiley:

8 Likes

Can I just say, as someone who owns both. Try Alphaline.

EDIT: Don’t buy a 10 pack either. Get a 100 pack. Your gonna need it. You probably won’t ever respond to this thread because you’ll be so busy enjoying that string, you’ll forget this thread.

2 Likes

All that matters is which one YOU end up liking.

2 Likes

I have Alphaline and I really love it I just want some white string and to my knowledge theres no white Alphaline.

1 Like

You right. I have both of the options here. Its all good tbh

I also enjoy twisted strings

3 Likes

so i dont have sochi but kitty fat and i enjoy it a lot i can´t say wich one is better but sochi is a little, little bit cheaper and some people say its better then kitty , even though a lot of Pros are using kitty. at the end you need to decide :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

I agree with the general sentiment, buy small packs of both and try ‘em out! Heck if the YYE branded stuff comes in white I’d also pick up some of that just to compare. Strings are cheap, try ‘em all!
Maybe if you amass a sufficient variety of brands you could do a string review video and compare how they all play relative to each other.

Ivan

1 Like

Im thinking of doing a Alpaline string review sometime this week!

1 Like

ha … ha ha :sweat_smile: the problem is if you live in europe and one 10 pack plus shipping is the same as a 100 pack without shipping i just wait until i got enough money to get a new throw a 100 pack and something else instead of triang 3 different brends out and then later buy a 100 count because the 10 pack of your favorite of the three is nearly empty

2 Likes

It’s all preference but some string most definitely plays better than others when it comes to holding tension, whips and slacks, longevity, etc. The main thing that would be preference in my opinion, is how the string feels

2 Likes

Since your in Berlin, I can help you out easily.
Have all different kind of strings. Can throw in some high end Nylon as well. Just drop me a line and we’ll see what we can figure out.

But pls be aware - only white ones I have are kitty, Nate‘s Signature Ziplines and MFD Vones (which are actually great either)….

Or try out Dave’s Slackies - which are yellow-white but are a good bulk choice either - maybe you can snag them directly and save shipping, since he‘s in Berlin too

In recognition of all those affected with Attention deficit syndrome, I have shortened my Public Service Announcement.

Warning, be mindful of keeping track of your yo-yo string at all times.

New yoyo string and used discarded yoyo string can be very harmful or fatal if ingested by cats or other small pets.

The end.

6 Likes

Wow what did i just see :rofl: i only play chase with kitten and string lol i dont leave any on ground so he can eat just chase bite and put away :rofl:

1 Like

Nothing here

2 Likes