Best 100 pack bulk strings currently available on yoyoexpert?

What are the best bulk strings I can get 100 of on yoyoexpert currently?

$37 is pretty steep for Kitty Sigs, do any of you have thoughts on these?

Or how about First Class?

I’m loving the price point on the C3yoyodesign Pro Strings

And others…

Sochi

Knot Bad

And of course the various Kitty strings. Anyone try their Fat Nylons?

After trying both Kitty, knot bad, kitty first class and Sochi, I suggest you to go with Sochi.
I found them less rough than kitty, also they last a bit longer imo, the only downside with Sochi is that their color tend to fade after playing for an hour or so, especially the pinks.
Knot bad are not bad. But they’re quite slim.

3 Likes

I used to always buy bulk kitty, until I started using Yoyo String Lab type X…

Personally, it’s my hands down favorite. I find that it lasts a long time, and I don’t have the urge to change it every 4 hours, because that’s knot necessary. (See what I did there? :rofl:)

Buy a 10 pack, get addicted, and thank me later… :handshake:

》》》Yo-Yo String Lab - Type X String – YoYoExpert

5 Likes

I like Sochi personally

3 Likes

I use c3yoyo pro string and alphaline for bulk strings. Unfortunately the alphaline isn’t in stock for 100 pack on yye. If you’ve bought a c3yoyo before then you’ve tried the c3yoyo pro string.

2 Likes

My vote goes to C3. I have Kitty, Sochi, Sochi T, Eagle, Knot Bad. I always reach for the C3 first. I love how soft they are. They play well and have the best feeling out of the bunch. Highly subjective I know, but just my two cents.

On a completely separate note: I just picked up some HKMT strings, and while I haven’t had a chance to spend a ton of time with them, they’re pretty damn good so far. I’d probably go that route instead of the bulk offerings.

2 Likes

How’s the QC on C3’s strings? I’ve had issues with poorly wound strings in the past with some other brands, so I mainly look for consistency these days.

2 Likes

I have maybe 15 of my throws strung with C3 right now. They all look and feel the same so far. Really small sample size, so hard to say with absolute certainty.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll have to grab a pack. I tried one with the Speedaholic XX and I really liked how soft it was and how it played.

1 Like

This was the same for me . I was excited when they started to produce their strings for bulk because the string that comes with their yo-yo was very good. But I was not that impressed with the two packs I bought. Tension didn’t hold well and the string felts a bit firm.

I like the kitty first class as my favorite for the time being. Holds tension well soft but not too soft. Alphaline is great but it’s a tad thick for my tastes .

I have the hkmt strings and so far I am pretty impressed a bit rough but holds tension great.

I am eager to try the topyo bulk too I have heard they are awesome.

2 Likes

I held off on trying OG Kitty for a long time because it cost almost double what other bulks cost, but eventually I exhausted all other options. I guess you get what you pay for because where I had QC issues with other cheaper brands, Kitty seems to be very consistent.

I can’t stand when I pick up a string, run my fingers along it and feel rough patches where the string is all bunched up. I haven’t had that issue with Kitty.

2 Likes

i have not used sochi or c3 but i like knot bad much better than kitty.

1 Like

I’ll throw in another vote for sochi. I’m using the sochi and zipline bulk strings at the moment. I do love them but I think I prefer the standard sochi strings the best

2 Likes

Right on guys! Thank you so much for all the responses! :smiley:

I’m going to give the Sochis a try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Before I had the Alphaline, Sochi normals were my go-to strings. You might want to look at Original Throw Strings as well, really cheap and they play pretty well, too bad they’re out of stock here. Just a note, I only ever play with normal strings and Alphaline thickness strings so I can’t comment about the fat variants of these strings (most people like the fat version more).

3 Likes

I’m guessing not everyone is as obedient as I am but I took the bait. Great colors. Excited to give them a whirl.

3 Likes

Honestly, I love the string.

I have my daily throws all strung up with Ann Connolly Paint Party right now.

I just changed the string on my Dogma after about a month of heavy use, not because I had to, but because the string wasn’t as “bright” in color as it was brand new… took that old string off and put it on a fixie Butterfly instead.
New vs Old

4 Likes

I think Original Throw is the best bulk string. It’d be nice if they got a restock here.

2 Likes