Loop the loop - why I haven't improved my skill?

I have been practice the trick loop the loop for 1 month but it still looks scrappy, and I can’t do more than 5 continuous loops. Is that the normal progress for looping?

1 Like

Have you tried with shorter string? Is the bearing lubed?
Also tip that I suggest is don’t focus too much on wrist, practice the finger coordination.

1 Like

I followed the tutorial of Shu Takada, he said using the wrist but I couldn’t follow that until now. Do you think using the wrist instead of fingers is his secret to get more endurance and consistency in his loops?

As for me, it is harder to use wrist motion because it will not catch up with speed and endurance when doing it in a long time. Back then when I learned it, it hit my shoulder couple times until I minimize my wrist motion and focus more on the finger

Looping is extremely difficult and takes a lot of practice. It’s a good idea to watch a multitude of tutorials and watch the hand motions. It’s very easy to unintentionally pick up bad looping habits and very difficult to break those bad habits. When I could do a decent amount of loops my string came to halfway up my thigh. This helped. I no longer loop as I found it too frustrating and after smashing several yoyos into pieces by swinging them at the floor as hard as I could.

3 Likes

This is what practicing from 2011 to 2023 (12 years) looks like.

My loops are still messy sometimes, and that’s okay.
One month is just the beginning, just keep at it. Learn one hand at a time, don’t rush.

4 Likes

Huge +1 to this. 1A is much more cerebral, 2A is much more like physical conditioning. I treat it much more like working out, trying to plan out and accomplish “sets” of work. That said, watching a breadth of tutorials is helpful in case one of them says or does something that makes it “click” more for you. Shu’s tutorial helped me adjust my form to more of a wrist snap than a wrist roll, and while it set back my number of reps temporarily, I think it’s ultimately a change for the best.

If you need some tutorials, I got you covered:

2A is a grind. You’ve gotta be here for the grind. Stay with it!

1 Like

Because it will take some people longer than 1month.

Keep at it!

4 Likes