Inconsistent 2a play!

I went on a cruise for 4 days, and I swear I got my inside loops on my right hand down pat. I could do 25 loops easy. I thought “That’s it - I got it. Time to work on my left hand”. That was 2 days ago.

Today I’m struggling to do 3 loops on the same hand! The hell!! I can’t tell you how frustrating it is. I keep telling myself I can do better than this. I can. But blast it, the damn thing keep going out of control.

I just want to know…does this happen to you guys? Do you constantly need to “relearn” your loops even when you’ve essentially mastered them in the past?

Looping is not as trivial as it looks, as you are finding out. It takes a lot of practice to develop the muscle memory and feel. I have the same problem at times. I’ve found that it’s not just a mindless activity. It takes some concentration to do it consistently.

Looping isn’t easy, takes a lot more than a few days to get down. The best looping advice I’ve heard - Only practice perfect loops. Once it starts going sideways just start over. Trying to constantly correct your loops won’t help you learn how to loop properly.

1 Like

I’m telling you I could do 25 perfect loops 4 days ago with ease…! I’m not saying that looping is easy. I’m saying it was possible before, and now I’m struggling with just a few.

I wonder if something has changed about the yoyo…I moved to Kitty string instead of 50/50 after I got back from the cruise. Let me give it a test and see.

String plays a role in looping. I normally use slick 8 (50/50). Worn or dirty string will have an effect as well.

Being able to do 20-30 loops on any given day does not guarantee you will do them tomorrow when you’re just starting out.

A lot of different things affect looping consistently. Took me awhile to figure out to be consistent with both hands.

• gap is critical, I keep my gap so the string just touches the starbursts. Tighter equals faster. If the gap is to wide it will try and sleep inbetween loops. To tight and it won’t sleep to do around the worlds.,…
    -string length, usually people have their strings to long. Typically I cut it to just below my pants pocket
  • a good looper yoyo, the best you can get is a 1080 or unleashed because they are easily adjustable. I have hornets;, raiders., and LPs , which I love but they are tricky to tune.
  • string tension, keep and eye on string tension. Your right hand will loosen the string and left tightens. Use flying saucer or side winder

Hope this helps
Matt