How long did it take you to learn how to loop?

hey,
I’ve been trying to learn inside loops and hop the fence for about a month now and I havn’t made a whole lot of progress. About 20 loops on a good run, 10 loops on average. How long did it take you to learn how to loop to the point where you can do infinate loops easily? looping is kind of frustrating because this is the only trick i’ve come across so far that I simply can’t do very well. In 1A I master tricks in no time. Even boingy boingy and seasick didn’t take this long.

I havn’t even tried looping with my left hand yet!

I’m still terrible. I can hit 5 with both hands on a good day.

It took me a couple of weeks and to learn double loops with two hands it took me about 4 or 5 days.

thats pretty fast I suppose. Faster than me anyways haha

It took me about 1 month to get both hands in. (Idk number of hours i spent) but there is no such thing as an infinite number of loops. Everytime you do a loop the string tension gets tighter or looser. Eventually if the string becomes too tight it will start spinning out of control or not be responsive on occassion. If it becomes too loose, the loop wrapped around the bearing will become too wide causing it to come off and send your yoyo flying. Learn sidewinder or UFO. I believe one of those videos will explain what I am talking about.

Not if you do outside loops, it compensates the tension.

I’m right where you are. I stopped my 1 A play for some time so I can take a crack at 2 A. Instead of counting the loops I could do, I timed it. I could go 5 minutes at a fast pace with both hands. I tried adding in some around the worlds with my dominant hand while my non - dominant hand kept going with the loops. That was NOT fustrating at all… :-\ I’m on a break with 2 A play for now, and I’m back on 1 A and even working on 4 A.

I have a cheap bart simpson plastic that I practice looping with my left hand…not going so well

I’m just starting to get the hang of it.

2 years

At my pace, a solid month of practice… Yep… I still gotta long way to go

Everyone’s different…

for some people, it might get it in a few days. For others, it may take months. But what it all boils down to is how much you practice.