Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

Here’s a little tooling around on day 30. And some jank magic too. :rofl:

15 Likes

I’m going to have to learn some of that dank magic for club! The kids love that!

5 Likes

Skills! I am envious.

2 Likes

Looking good buddy!!!

2 Likes

ONE July Day 30 - a quiet day in the office, getting prepped for season (so therefore watching the Olympics counts as work, right….?). ONE July has been a wild ride so far and I’m glad I participated but DANG am I glad August starts soon! Also, since when was it almost August already? :thinking:

11 Likes

Awesome Steve that’s some sweet progress and the magic is always good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Strung up and ready
About 12 hours 15 mins to go for me

6 Likes

Right?

1 Like

I need to string some up. I thought to wait til tomorrow so as to better resist temptation.

1 Like

It is the last day and I am so happy. Day 31…. Who’s still in?

4 Likes

I’m still here! I am so happy I did this and I am ready to move on.

5 Likes

still in.
looking forward to throwing some other stuff tomorrow, but at the same time it has not been tough to stay true to this little guy.

15 Likes

I’m still in, but very much looking forward to tomorrow!

3 Likes

Agreed!!! I brought my other throws out of hiding and they eagerly await their turn tomorrow. :rofl:

5 Likes

Still in. Finish line is in sight. Let’s do this!

5 Likes

I think I’ve played 300-400 yoyos so far. I need to un-play them all to qualify!

13 Likes

You got me dude! I was so ready to freak out :rofl::rofl::rofl: looking great though, Steve! Sick moves brah! I didn’t know you could 1a like that!

2 Likes

If I do this again next year I’m going to need to deactivate my credit cards or something. I feel like I have a year’s worth of mail days waiting for me. :melting_face:

5 Likes

Well… that’s just about all of it. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

WK1 Chronicle / WK2 Chronicle / WK3 Chronicle / WK4 Chronicle

Week 4.5: The SoM “Yes-Throw” July Chronicles

The Anticipation

The last half-week of the event is ending, and I’m getting excited and antsy to play with my other throws. It’s like being a kid waiting for Christmas morning. My throws have turned around as well and are anticipating the play they’re going to be seeing. They’re all begging to be the firsts.

Hey Youuuuu Guyyyys!

My JB/Unprld Chunk is at the front gate doing the Truffle Shuffle (it’s mesmerizing), trying its best to get in. Because you know, Goonies Never Say Die. My OP Balloon is inflating itself, getting ready for the party, at least it already has a string on it. My DocPop Icarus has gotten its wings back and is preparing for another flight. Is it too close to the sun, or is it just right?

Gathering of the Beasts

My G2 Nessie, PDX-Yo Batsquatch, Swamp Monster, and CLYW Sasquatches are no longer blurry when I take photos. I can see them clear as day, they do exist! The History Channel has already signed a 3-year TV deal with them called Cryptic Cryptids, be on the lookout.

Party Time

My YJYOYO Time Slip is keeping track of the party scheduling, and my Pool Party Banana Hammock is donning its best speedo and getting ready to dance. It’s peanut butter jelly time! Every good Pool Party also needs a Noodle, grab the gear and let’s go!

Magic Tricks for a Grand Finale

With the magical ride this has been, I focused on some magic tricks for this last tiny stretch. My Workhorse V2 still hasn’t disappointed in its versatility. I learned “Magic Red Triangle” and “Kento’s Magic Knot” (Red Triangle Shift with Slipknot Slack, couldn’t actually find a name for this). They’re a lot of fun for certain and I love the visual aspects. Workhorse V2 is making the magic happen not just in play and capability, but even with the tricks itself.

The Challenge and Growth

It has been a challenge, but I’ve enjoyed the experience. I’ve improved a bit and added some more responsive tricks to my repertoire. It has also helped me understand how to modify some unresponsive tricks to enjoy with responsive play. Which has also opened me up to more tweaking and creating my own kind of tricks, which has been entertaining.

As the month draws to a close, I’m grateful for this journey. It’s taught me patience, creativity, and the importance of stepping out of my comfort zone. Here’s to more adventures and even more yoyo fun in the future!

What’s Next?

My next plan is to break out the unresponsive throws and go crazy, been missing some of that binding experience and general yoyo variety. Also, I have something interesting in the works, but I don’t want to spoil the surprise yet.

Was it an adventure? Yes. Do I WANT to do it again? Not entirely. But WILL I? Totally!

The End

Thank you all for tuning in each week, I hope you’ve enjoyed the wild ride and the chronicles. To all those who participated and to my fellow YYBC members, I appreciate the experience and the fun. Until next time, stay strong, stay weird, and keep on spinning! So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!

10 Likes