Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

Day 27: I can hit the first hop in Kwijibo 1 out of 5 times…

10 Likes

Day 27 and I’ve definitely made some progress, so to speak!

13 Likes

So very shiny

2 Likes

They look so good!

Really curious how you feel about the Tidehunter after throwing it for a month straight. Any regrets?

Not long left to go
Confined to front style so working on perfecting boingy boing
Put my cenote in a draw so im not tempted
Still on bathy
And ordered a vosun EMiSSARY
So hopefully that comes thurs so i have 2 new throws to throw

11 Likes

It’s a great yoyo. Not just great for the money, although that’s definitely true as well. I know it’s subjective, but I’d characterize it as feeling very “solid.” The yozean pads feel a little slippery until they get broken in, at which point they’re fine. Bottom line, there’s a reason I have a blasted and anodized one waiting for me on the shelf.

Maybe two regrets from the last month:

1. I decided to try to spark it on concrete steps early on, in broad daylight. I didn’t see any sparks but the blemish I put on the raw-machined finish bothered me enough to start polishing it out. Now, I like the polished finish a lot. The string finds the gap without any sense of resistance. But now I’m trying to resist the urge to get both halves down to a perfect mirror since I’m going to be carrying it in my pocket with my keys anyway.

2. I can’t loop with it very well. :wink:

4 Likes

29 days!!! Wow!!

So clooooose!!!

16 Likes

What’s the big purple guy there?

1 Like

The one at the bottom of the picture? Deeper State.

1 Like

We’re still here!

12 Likes

I think I’m ready to narrow things down to a short list of One July candidates.

• OG Weekender
  • Daytripper
  • Some kind of El Mijo
  • No Jive
  • Metal Harbinger
  • RBC
5 Likes

I’ll narrow you down to OG Weekender or Metal Harbinger if you’ll let me.

2 Likes

Nice. :slight_smile:

In the next couple days I’ll be posting a Google form for everyone that participated in One July. It’ll have fields for Pass/Fail, Username, Yoyo Used, and mailing details for you to receive your stickers! So keep an eye out!

12 Likes

Almost there guys, but remember, its still ok to give up(do it). Nobody will judge you.

9 Likes

8 Likes

Wait… this guy died… :flushed::rofl:

3 Likes

:-1:

2 Likes

Spoilers!

1 Like