Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Just got this pretty baby yesterday
Learning fixed axle after just doing unresponsive 1a for three months is very humbling

21 Likes

Keep at it! It’s its own reward I promise. Nothing more relaxing than a fixie. 1a is a theme park, but 0a is a spa day.

6 Likes

I definitely feel you on that. It’s almost like kendama in a way.

3 Likes

Yea fixie is harder than I thought it was gonna be… definitely takes a different rhythm.

20 Likes

Here’s pretty much every fixie trick I know in 16 seconds, lol. I could do them all over and over and over for hours. Feels good.

16 Likes

Same. I have been trying to learn fixed up the throws need so much more finesse.

3 Likes

Knick knack

5 Likes

Sure is. He told me that too. Must have fell out of my skull :skull:.

2 Likes

So I’ve been thinking of what to play if I was to participate in DeHcade (…) next year. I would probably choose this Play Simply No Jive, I have several No Jives, but this one is has that broken in feeling and has gone through a few axles. It just has a great balance between power and finesses. This particular one weights in around 59 grams, which is still on the heavier side , even for these later No Jives releases in the mid-2010s. I’ve also been playing this one with a Zipline Kot-N SE, which kind of feels like Markmont Dragon and has lasted me longer than any other cotton sting I can recently remember.

I came across this @unklesteve 365 video this week of him playing responsive with a FAST 201. If you are having trouble with stalls or looking to mix it up, this Interruption combo and concept is fun to play around with.

20 Likes

That gorgeous No Jive @Exmime – it’s a thing of beauty! Absolutely no chance of locating one in the UK though…

Here’s mine: a mid-90s Maple Leaf reissue

19 Likes

Just opened this “new in box” no jive I grabbed Off eBay last week.

22 Likes

The fixed axle stuff always looks really fun. Makes me wish I held on to the yoyos I started with back in school.

3 Likes

This guy today. I think for next year’s dEhcade, I will chase fixie Spirit Bomb. Of course I will still just play yoyo, but, will have something to challenge me as well.

22 Likes

Grab a butterfly from your local big box store and get to it!

6 Likes

I decided to put out my BC phantoms today for the spooky month of October.

20 Likes

AH!

Scared me.

4 Likes

Nice bike / yoyo combo!

1 Like

23 Likes

25 Likes

Nice shots!!!

3 Likes