Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Today:KNack

Happy Friday!:upside_down_face:

15 Likes

I found my people!

22 Likes

Imported Maple out in the desert today. I have this 2019 TMBR Irving set up with a maple 516 and some Zipline Kot-N today.

14 Likes

Testing out all the homemades

20 Likes

Some Friday fixed on the Legend Wing :raised_hands:

14 Likes

My first No Jive arrived today!

16 Likes

Watch out, man: they can get pretty addictive! I started with one SF era one; just got another. At some point I will try one of the BC era ones like you have :fire::yo-yo::fire:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Playing one out of my 5/5 Top 5. When you play them a lot over time the cotton really smoothes out those axles giving great spin times but some sacrifice to response. Had to rough up the TMBR axle walls a tad to get that fresh snappy feeling again using an emery board. TMBR Maple Sullivan, Zipline [kot-n] and since it’s 5A May a TMBR Lil’ Barrel counterweight.

16 Likes

Happy Friday yall! Spending some quality time with my Spinworthy oak Bloodcell

16 Likes

I think the Triple Play is my favorite playing plastic fixie.

13 Likes

Yo its Friday! Hope everyone is doing well. Putting my Doc Pop Legend Wing through its paces. I swear this one plays way better than my Yotricks one. I guess the quality of Legend Wings varies a bit

12 Likes

Playing some EHKNOWN Spectra-Ply variants both V1 and V2 with their subtle differences and since its 5A May I’m working on some FreeGens while experimenting with a few different counterweights that @colinleland has made, Lil’Barrel, TMBR Wooden Counterweight, and a CLYW Log.

12 Likes

The @DocPop variant Legend Wing looks and plays the best IMO.

3 Likes

What’s different about it?

3 Likes

Just the looks.

It really does look great.

3 Likes

Mainly some nerdy yoyo collector details. These were released about 7 months apart so they were from different SpectraPly batches.

V1
48 grams
White Caps
Large EHKNOWN engraving

V2
46 grams
Black Caps
Small EHKNOWN engraving

Also since the SpectraPly stock is different the V2 is just slightly more of a darker black pending on lighting.

7 Likes

Thanks, but I meant ^. I was wondering why it would play better?

3 Likes

This is more a metaphysical attribute of YoYoing. Kinda like the old adage “When you look good, you feel good”. From a physical side its very close to regular LW, but my DocPop weights just a gram or 2 more, so it might have been the batch of wood, maybe they are like the baseball bat from the movie The Natural and was once struck by lightning, far fetched, but I don’t know. More than likely though I think it looks cool and there for it plays better. Also @DocPop had a great PopCast were he was just jamming one effortlessly. When I just play it freely with out conceptions, I typically find myself in a State of Yo.

11 Likes

I’m sure they play different from batch to batch, no telling why. I just ordered a second batch and I hope they feel as good as the first batch did.

Thanks for sharing that video too, I was really happy with that episode.

6 Likes