Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Oh, I see… However, you’re completely wrong. It’s obvious then, that these are the best playing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The latest ones I got are the finished ones. I don’t like the finished ones as much in general, but the logo is bigger on them. I haven’t even had the chance to try one yet. These natural ones have been incredibly consistent though!

Here’s the best playing Legend:

Here’s one of the new ones. Not broken in, but I think it will play real nice!

14 Likes

@Myk_Myk I definitely can’t deny that those are some of the best playing Legend Wings. I just got one of these aMAYzing Legend Wing engraving testers and its also an awesome player weighting in at 46 grams. So it might have been from the some-some-something special batch.

I’ve always enjoyed the Basecamp offerings and just realized one of my other favorite yoyos the OG Moonshine (V1) also has a similar diameter, width and profile as the Legend Wing.

13 Likes

Throwing this old favorite today

15 Likes

19 Likes

11 Likes

The last Friday for 5A May, and @edhaponik has been just as innovative, as usual on whatever platform he chooses, so today I set up my TMBR Pocket Turbo Bumble BeH with a Lil’ Barrel and some Zipline [kot-n]. I also went to 5ayoyo and downloaded the Free Beta version of Livee for Android for tomorrow’s 5A responsive battle between @edhaponik vs @docpop, getting my popcorn ready early :popcorn::champagne:

14 Likes

I’m looking forward to tomorrow. Ed has been doing so much fresh new stuff lately.

I don’t know if I’ve shared this before, but I have a bunch of responsive freehand tutorials on youtube too Modern Responsive Freehand Tutorials - YouTube (I know I’m always sharing my videos, sorry)

13 Likes

Happy Friday yall!
Trying out some sweet new counterweights in oak and red palm from TMBR and White Pine Wood Co

14 Likes

growing collection of pre-BC No-Jives…beginning to see tonal variations; the darkest one may be late 70’s: the hex nuts are nearly flat, the gloss lacquer is inside + out, and each half is exactly 23g (LOL, the geekery!). The other two have matte lacquer interiors and pointy hex nuts. All great players for sure!

21 Likes

Yoyo Sam fixed axel and Yoyofactory Legend Wing

15 Likes

With National Yo-Yo day this weekend I thought I would throw an original Duncan Butterfly, this one is in great shape for being around 60 years old, when I got it the original string was all in knots, so it probably sat in that state for a long time, as the axle and response are still a little rough, just wanting to be played and smoothed out with cotton. With a one piece design and at 58 grams, this one is a nice player and is great for modern 0A play.

18 Likes

Happy Friday! Keep livin that wood life yall

15 Likes

After seeing the Linda Sengpiel video that @DocPop post on National Yo-Yo Day, I’m inspired to play some more vintage Butterflys. This one is just like Linda’s in the String Tricks segment where she is playing an early Flambeau Duncan Butterfly. From the clip it also looks to be a small stamp Butterfly from the late 1960’s similar to mine. When I found mine, again the string was in knots and the axle had a little rust on it that would cut strings, using the old Proyo string saw trick, I eventually buffed the axle back out, but I am still conscientious about my strings. These weight in around 59 grams and they play great and up to modern 0A standards with just bulk poly. Now I need to just work on that $100K Trick Routine challenge she set forth, her Shoot The Moon (STM) regens are definitely skillful of a World Champion and not as easy as she makes them look.

18 Likes

I haven’t had luck with fully fixing a rusted axle. I finally gave up and cracked a few of mine with rusted axles open and sanded off the response and glued in wood axles. They play pretty good (different than before but good). I also added proyo guts to one and made it take-apart style, but that was a lot more work

16 Likes

Nice Butterfly collection and display.

3 Likes

With summer just around the corner, going to keep reeling in the years of the iterations of the Original Butterfly. This one is from the seventies when Flambeau went from embossing to silk screening. This one is also an advertising promotional model. My Dad grew up outside of Milwaukee Wisconsin so I always saw the Schlitz cans in the fridge growing up. Picked this one up from a Schlitz cross collectible collector, so it was NIP (new in package) with no rust, but i’m not going to play the original string. This one definitely slaps at 58 grams and today my Butterfly is laced with some fresh white YYE Slick-6.

23 Likes

Happy fixed Friday everyone.

19 Likes

With summer now in full swing I’m moving forward in time with the next and my personal favorite Duncan Butterfly incarnation, the late seventies-early eighties Lace Wings with the Reslon-coated axles. These have a great weight at 56grams, a softer feeling plastic, vibrant color combinations, made in the USA and just over all play great. This yellow and green combo has such a fun summer vibe, even on a rainy day.

@bjardin if Duncan ever does another Butterfly special reissue the Lace Wings would get my vote.

16 Likes

Happy Friday y’all

15 Likes

That looks like a very well used KNack.

4 Likes