Fixed Axle Friday Throws

I’ve always loved the look of the Flying Camel artwork!

3 Likes

Sometimes you’re in the right place at the right time. I picked up this awesome SF era imperial-style Flying Camel last weekend. It’s got a really nice patina and super crisp laser carving. I strung it with some original TK strings and it’s a dream to play. It arrived just in time for Fixed Axle Friday!

23 Likes

Ok, now I’m just jealous of all these Camel’s flying around!

2 Likes

Oh wow that is so sweet

1 Like

Hildy Brothers Currier in purple heart

14 Likes

11 Likes

I reckon the Legend Wing is a good one to add on to your order everytime you buy from YYE.

6 Likes

Not for me, I have like 10 NIB!

5 Likes

So beautiful :yo-yo: Thanks Glen

17 Likes

Are you enjoying it?

2 Likes

Yes it’s so tiny and so fun!:fire:

2 Likes

i am stealing this cat pic thank you

5 Likes

Happy Friday!!! :love_you_gesture:t3:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNc3R78hrdd/

18 Likes

Just got this one in from Japan yesterday a Sho 1 Leatheryoyo W, that I was initally introduced to from machitako on Instagram. And yes this is a 100% leather yoyo including the axle in natural hide weighing in at 59 grams. Little different as it’s leather so it has some structural flexibility to it. Haven’t played it that hard, but it’s definitely capable to do some 0A , Shoot the Moons, it can also get around to Double or Nothing and Fly Away dismounts. However, I don’t think I’ll be hitting Spirt Bomb or other similar 1A tricks anytime soon, or at least until it’s broken in as spin times are increasing, currently around 10 seconds with Type-10 cotton with no wraps. Fun and unique to the current collection and I like to keep my mind open, hence why I play fixed axle in the first place.

18 Likes

Now that’s something I never would have imagined seeing. It’s great how creative people can get when trying out new ideas.
Here’s my throw for today.

14 Likes

Happy Friday y’all!
Having a blast putting my Hildy Bros Azalea through its paces

14 Likes

Oh yo! That art on the side is dope where did you get that?

1 Like

No Jive. The response was a little slippy form all the play and cotton strings smoothing out the axle over the years, roughed it back up with a standard nail emery board and the response is back to being nice and snappy.

14 Likes

Happy Friday throwers!

Enjoying this “clean machine” PockeHt I got with my amazing pair of Black Gold Blues denim by Steve Buffel. Highly recommend if a nice custom pair of jeans is your thing

14 Likes

These NIB fixies just arrived from eBay. Managed to land a trapeze stall with one of the first throws. Turned out to be dumb luck. I have much to learn.

17 Likes