Fixed Axle Friday Throws

That looks so cool!

2 Likes

So these logos are different sizes right? Do we know exactly what distinguishes the releases from each other? I got a large logo with white axle 2nd run.

1 Like

September 2019 release TMBR x UNKNOWN x Ed Haponik present: The EHKNOWN!

Was the large logo and white caps

The February 2020 restock 2nd release TMBR Spectra EH Restock! Thursday 2/27 @ 8PM EST!

Was the smaller logo and black caps

Were you on the special list?

3 Likes

Beautiful work sir! I really like the way the plys (sp?) show through.

3 Likes

The black caps with the smaller logo was a good move.

5 Likes

Goooooood mornin’!!!

13 Likes

Today I’m getting to know these new Zipline cottons, the Regs V86.2 and the Thick V85.2. Will have to see how they compare to trusty YYE Type 10.

11 Likes

Zipline cotton regs and my trusty Ballsy.

9 Likes

Seen a few people throwing fixed axle counterweight lately so decided to give it a shot. Mostly just messing with weird stall dismounts and switching hands, but having fun so far!

13 Likes

Nice counterweight! Is that a YoYoExpertGarrett original design?

1 Like

I dig your counterweight. What is that?

1 Like

@French @Mystik Yeah it’s one I made - I think I’ve shared it somewhere here before - Just felt right to throw a wood counterweight with a fixed axle.

5 Likes

That’s fantastic. Love it :cupid:

2 Likes

My fixed-axle 5A was short lived… At least nothing broke, time to get the glue lol.

10 Likes

Is this happening because 5A requires harder throws in an attempt to get more spin time/power out of it? Something that maybe these weren’t really designed for? Just speculating out loud… :thinking:

2 Likes

No, I just dropped pretty hard several times.

6 Likes

Yes. This is sad and unfortunate.

I don’t do 5-0A on my precious woodens anymore. Way too risky. Not worth it at all.
Now, I’m using a Duncan Wheels for 5-0A. It has served me well.

2 Likes

A hard drop on the ground will do this to any fixie ):

5A has a lot of that.

1 Like

Glen says epoxy! If another one of mine comes apart I’m gonna grab some.

3 Likes

Ah, yeah, that’s why I only practice 5A with plastic yoyos. Maybe if I ever get good enough to not have to worry about floorsmash so much I’ll switch over to metal (or wood) yoyos.

1 Like