Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Over on the Facebook BST there have been a couple that have popped up for sale. But I think the eH’s in general most people hang on to them. They’re an incredibly good fixed axle.

I’ve been playing my 2018 eH almost exclusively this year. So far no major damage, nothing has cracked off yet. But, I live in Northern Illinois, it’s just in the last couple weeks getting nice out. So I’ll be outside playing more, so we’ll see how it does through the summer :smiley: I really like the 18 version, however my favorite is still the 14/15’s.

I’ve been playing the Morrison a lot since getting that a few weeks ago.

But today I’ve got the Clean Machine on me
image1

11 Likes

Been throwing my unengraved Ash 20EhTeen more and more lately.

Haven’t had any issues with the wood threads coming apart. I just adjust the gap where I want it and crank the sides with 2 dimes and it’s good to go. The large size and light weight makes this one really fun!

9 Likes

Area 51(BC Apollo) and my new go-to TMBR Sullivan. First two days with the Sullivan it came apart constantly. Despite the written advise, I couldn’t get one side to hold together, when I saw the video it became perfectly clear what needed to be done which was basically start with the problem side and tighten with way more power than I was using. Presto! No issues for a few days now of constant use. Buying the CS today because I don’t want to miss out on it or the discount either.

12 Likes

Carlson CS. Fits me so well it makes Bird too easy. (Ok, almost.)

10 Likes

My Fixed Axle Friday throw was my “fixed” Oak Harbinger. Playing great, and seems to be holding strong.

I received my Weekender though, so I had to play that some!

4 Likes

Fingers crossed my Weekender comes for my birthday today!!!

7 Likes

Happy Birthday!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday!!! You are going to LOVE it!!!

1 Like

Is that Hulkamania displaying your yo-yos?

4 Likes

If it is,
Whatcha gonna do Brother!

13 Likes

haha that’s awesome

6 Likes

Today I’m throwing Circle! This 3D printed fixed axle plays surprisingly well considering the non circular shape. Also glows in the dark which is a huge plus.

5 Likes

Since the Yo-Yo Man Video I played with Tom Kuhn 3 and 1 No Jives off and on throughout my life. I was always intrigued with string tricks, so I would always flip them right away into the Butterfly/ Flying Camel configuration and never give the Standard/ Classic/Imperial set up a second thought. I never understood the big deal about all of the Standard Mandalas until recently when I got a chance to play one. So today I’m fortunate enough to play a Standard Bayfield Mandala in colorful Colorado. I’m enjoying all of the high wall, which is also helpful in tightening up my kickflip suicides. There are so many good throw out there but TKs will always be Smoo-ooth Fine Wood. However, I still don’t understand all of the Jeweled Mandalas Tom Kuhn Appreciation thread

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

8 Likes

Silver Bullet I Prototype and The Silver Bullet I
The Proto isn’t nearly as smooth as The SB-I
No ones as smooth as Billy Dee.

7 Likes

The first day of summer and being nostalgic throwing some plastic. The most iconic of them all the Duncan Butterfly. If you can really shred 0A and 1A tricks on a Butterfly, that is sure-fire proof of masterful YoYo skills. Strings can make all the difference, that stock cotton string doesn’t last forever. I’ve enjoyed playing them with Kitty, but lots of hard throws in succession, I’ve had the starburst melt the poly. One of the tools available to us through the YYE store is the unappreciated Slick 6 50/50 Strings, that blend of cotton and poly really works well on the Butterfly. The speed and whippy-ness of ploy, but the responsive control and grip of cotton really make the metal axle and plastic starburst of the Duncan Butterfly shine like a sunny day. Humbly having fun enjoying the way it plays.

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

11 Likes

Brought a Kodiak to work, but will be tossing this guy around once I get home. Still getting used to it.

5 Likes

Those string wear markings give that TK 3 and 1 a nice look.

3 Likes

Yeah I love it! It’s got character, lol.

2 Likes

Vote for Pedro

15 Likes

What strings do you have to use to fit through that gap? Those :yo-yo: look fun.

2 Likes