Fixed Axle Friday Throws

That yellow one looks like it’s got some original string from manufacture, lol. Including little particles of everyone who’s used it >.>

3 Likes

Happy Fixed axle Friday fellow throwers!

12 Likes

that’s pretty AF

4 Likes

Honestly, I think it could be the best fixie I’ve tried.

2 Likes

Throwing around my Freshly Dirty Travellers today.

7 Likes

White Oaks always have a great feel and weight to them.

3 Likes

Playing the maple eH-teen. Love the weight. Pretty stoked on these. Simple tricks but hard to nail clean.

6 Likes

Totally agree with the oak, I think it’s got the right density to give a yoyo just the right amount of weight without it ending up like a log.

I would love for yoyofactory to make an Oak Legend, now that would be a game changer.

2 Likes

I’ll never throw these, the edges are too crisp to mess around. The yellow I just acquired and it has the original silk string connected to a plastic ring that’s like an inch in diameter, I don’t think that’s original to these yo-yos. YYF makes strings for the Oh-Gee that will fit these but I don’t think they sell it separately.

Anyone else got any Flores, I only have these two now but have had 5 total.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to land a fakie heelflip with my harbinger today, and it’s proven to be quite challenging. you basically catch the stall with your hand pointed in towards yourself instead of out away from your self, and then flip the yoyo in towards yourself instead of regular outward kickflip. Hence fakie heelflip

2 Likes

How have you liked the Morrow? I have been loving fixed play on the Legend Wing and am ready to get a higher end one. Can’t decide between the Morrow or the Currier!

1 Like

If I could only choose one it would be the TMBR Morrow.

2 Likes

This Friday I’m inspired by some of last week’s post in the thread from @smileypants707 and @Lukoyo. So today I’m throwing a true fixed axle work horse an Oak Spinworthy Harbinger thanks to @Glenacius_K. I’ve really been enjoying modern fixed axle play as the trick progression reminds me of the thought process required for skateboarding tricks. The trick I’m working on is; throw a breakaway into a Hydrogen Mount Stall perform a Donut to Bro Flip, then Regen back to the hand for the land. I’ve hit it twice this morning, once I get it more consistent I’ll try and post a video on the The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive) thread.

20190628_080622

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

10 Likes

Broke Village Fidalgo
Only 10 made in each color

8 Likes

“slimline” 20-eh-teen today. Hit some fun snap-based stuff with it.

10 Likes

How is it, I was curious about how good it would be?

2 Likes

I just got it today but,
It’s weird.
It’s smooth as ice and dead silent (of course) unresponsive and requires a bind but does easily. Plays more like a bearing than a fixed and has a good sleep time. I’ve seen people comment that they don’t like their yos too smooth because they can’t tell if it’s spinning, I can’t tell this is spinning, I find that cool. Plays like nothing I’ve ever thrown. I’ve played a Cold Fusion fixed (I think it had ProFire guts) and it played more like a traditional fixed than this does. The edges are sharp and I don’t like the feel in hand either because I’m an organic guy all day, everyday.

5 Likes

Interesting thanks for the description, hopefully I can try one someday!

1 Like

The Carlson CS is one of the best wooden fixed axle yo’s I’ve ever touched, maybe even the best. The eH is in the same class but will be much harder to get one since they’re sold out. TMBR quality is off the charts.

Edit: The Carlson CS is so good I don’t even see how the design can be improved on, just different wood for variety.

8 Likes

Your Fidalgo is unresponsive? Maybe check the response pads. Mine was super snappy when I had it. Never required a bind to return it.

3 Likes