Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Hit up @Glenacius_K. That dude makes some of the best fixies on the planet.

5 Likes

TMBR, NoJive, OUT. My favorites that are readily accessible.

2 Likes

Well to make it “your” gold standard you must have quite a bit of time spent playing one. How many hours would you say?

What tricks can you hit on it? Serious stuff like spirit bomb? Or maybe just classics like splitting the atom. Can ya even do a man on the flying trapeze with a flyaway dismount? I’m just trying to gain perspective on your recommendations.

6 Likes

I see that you’re angry with me. How many more angry posts are you planning to make? I’m just curious :thinking:

Just an opinion. If you don’t like it, find another that you do…

5 Likes

If you are on a budget get a Legend Wing. If you can find one, you cant go wrong with a No Jive, the essence of SMOOTH , just a joy to play.

5 Likes

If you go Legend Wing, go for a raw/unfinished one. The ones with a finish feel, imo, not that great… But the Legend wing is another solid fixie option. In fact, that might be the best recommendation for your first, and if you decide that you like fixed axle yoyos, GET A HARBINGER. lol

6 Likes

Buuutt I am really sad that there are no more TK 3-in-1s are being made. Here’s why:

• Take apart means it’s much easier to fix string problems, so I prefer take-apart designs in general

• Overall the metal hub design that TK came up with here is kinda genius, like the Side Effects system for OD. :bulb:

• The wood sleeve makes the wood axle replaceable, and not just replaceable, you can swap out different woods or even a metal axle (!)

• Because of the fancy axle design, you can flip it around to switch between imperial, butterfly, or even the God forsaken Padoga configuration :face_vomiting:

• it has a fair bit of weight to it, especially the lacquered versions, I prefer heavier wood throws

Even the manual for the No Jive is awesome! I mean there’s a reason @edhaponik has one tattooed on his face body, right?

Honestly most generic wood fixed axles are kinda “the same” to me, e.g. the Legend Wing. What I appreciate about the 3-in-1 is the extra engineering that went into it to make it have greater longevity and flexibility.

6 Likes

In my opinion, the best fixed axle YoYo (that I’ve tried) is the eh 2014. Good weight and take apart design, edge can be a little hard on quick return but you’ll eventually built up a callous. I doubt you’ll find one that someone would part with though because of how great they are.

Like a few others have said, the Legend Wing is probably your best bet. It’s so good for the price and although might require a bit of breaking in, it’ll be worth it in the long run. I was shooting moons with mine a few hours ago and it’s just a nice fin cheap throw to carry around.

5 Likes

I have a 2018 Eh I wouldn’t mind selling if anyone is interested.

Ultimately I think I am not a fan of all-wood removable axles.

4 Likes

I’ve gotta say that I don’t think I’m a big fan of the 20ehteen either. I think that the rims are a bit too sharp for my hand to like. I was thinking about paring them down so they were flat but I wouldn’t want to spoil all that added rim weight.

2 Likes

Oh it is a very nicely designed thing without a doubt! But it’s not a great fit for me personally. Seriously anyone who wants a 2018 EH go ahead and PM me, and we’ll make a deal.

2 Likes

This comment left a bad taste in my mouth. Your implying that if you cant do a bunch of tricks, your opinion has no ground? For shame. This community is suppose to be inclusive.

3 Likes

I could be wrong, but I think it was more personal than a generalization about everyone.

1 Like

Which wood is it?

2 Likes

Already traded! The heavier one.

3 Likes

I apologize if that’s the case. My post was directed toward an individual, not the group as a whole.

2 Likes

How much you asking for that eh? I’m looking for one. PM me

Edit- missed it by that much…

1 Like

My first Friday contribution, everyday is fixed axle Friday for me. Today is the Duncan Limelight, it’s a fixed axle Speed Beetle with LED lighting. Lots of fun and impresses the ladies every time.

13 Likes

Dude, those are actually pretty fun. Mine died not to long ago.

4 Likes

Orphan is super fun, Azalea is another one that hasn’t been mentioned.

1 Like