Pagoda Configuration

What is the purpose of the pagoda configuration for a fixed axle yoyo?

1 Like

Marketing! Just to have one more “claimed” configuration for a single yoyo. ::slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Without it, the TK 3-in-1 would not exists.

2 Likes

Nuh uh! There’s a purpose, but you really need to experience it for yourself… You should buy one and test it out. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have many!..and ever since the 70’s - I still question how ridiculous the pagoda option is! :smiley:

3 Likes

Ok, so it doesn’t look like a serious configuration then. Haha.

So another question; do you TMBR or TK owners often change your configuration from butterfly to imperial?

1 Like

I did once. It was the one in my avatar. Never changed back to imperial or classic shape.

1 Like

i switched my laminate 3-in-1 and 2016eh to Imperial, for last years fixed axle challenge. The 3-in-1 played fine but not the eh. The inside edge rubbed the string too much. l wasn’t able to get my trick down, and I switched both back. Unfortunately, the string rubbed the foil engraving partially off the 3-in-1. :’(

I wouldn’t normally switch my 3-in-1s as I have both versions. The only reason I switched the laminate one was that I was trying to get more spin time.

If I had another yoyo that played nice in both configurations, I would probably switch it from time to time.

I️ switched mine to butterfly once, but it played very snaggy and unpredictable because of the mandala engraving, so I️ keep it in imperial. If I️ had an unengraved one, I️ would most likely keep it in butterfly

I switched my TMBR Sullivan to imperial once and it definitely loops better. But imperial is really only good for looping so I switched it back because one-handed looping bores me. Most butterfly wood yo-yos work fine for an occasional loop here and there, so all my wood is in butterfly configuration (besides imperial non-take-apart).

1 Like

I used to keep my Moxon in imperial and my eh bubinga in butterfly. Now I have reversed their configurations. Variety is good :slight_smile:

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

The Pagoda configuration was designed specifically to allow players to successfully complete Pagoda style more easily.

Nobody ever really came up with any Pagoda style tricks.

But if they ever do; it will be easier to do them with a Pagoda shaped yo-yo.

5 Likes

LOL I did not realize “pagoda” was a possible config, and that 3-in-1 referred to these three configs:

1. imperial
  2. butterfly
  3. pagoda

… that’s crazy … can’t stop laughing about it now that I know. WHAT IS SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN

To make videos like this:

3 Likes

Nice video, especially like the background chatter instead of some mindless beat.

There should be a yo-yo store that only sells yo-yos in Pagoda configuration. The new normal.

2 Likes