Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Buuutt I am really sad that there are no more TK 3-in-1s are being made. Here’s why:

• Take apart means it’s much easier to fix string problems, so I prefer take-apart designs in general

• Overall the metal hub design that TK came up with here is kinda genius, like the Side Effects system for OD. :bulb:

• The wood sleeve makes the wood axle replaceable, and not just replaceable, you can swap out different woods or even a metal axle (!)

• Because of the fancy axle design, you can flip it around to switch between imperial, butterfly, or even the God forsaken Padoga configuration :face_vomiting:

• it has a fair bit of weight to it, especially the lacquered versions, I prefer heavier wood throws

Even the manual for the No Jive is awesome! I mean there’s a reason @edhaponik has one tattooed on his face body, right?

Honestly most generic wood fixed axles are kinda “the same” to me, e.g. the Legend Wing. What I appreciate about the 3-in-1 is the extra engineering that went into it to make it have greater longevity and flexibility.

6 Likes