Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Glad it’s working in good for you! It’s really a fantastic yoyo and once you get that sting feel to match! :ok_hand:
I also agree it plays great fixed but I do like to switch between the slim bearing if I’m working on something and then back, it’s nice to have options on the same body.

1 Like

When it’s Fixed Axle Friday and you’ve been grinding 2A and you’ve been too cheap to buy a better pair of throws…

Anyone try a Gates SE for looping?

15 Likes

Got a couple old BCs in the mail yesterday. These rainbow laminates are just too cool. And then I picked up a cheap Blackbird 19 because it looks like the same shape as the Apollo which I’ve been wanting to try. We’ll see how they play!

15 Likes

Bc lightning. Turned into butterfly shape from imperial.

20 Likes

16 Likes

19 Likes

Happy Friday!

19 Likes

Happy Friday Fixie Fam! Tossing around the :goat:, @RC_yo-yo Wenge Bitterfly.

23 Likes

I have a wenge button hole. It is beautiful wood. Very nice!

3 Likes

Just got off work and now it’s time for some fixed axle Friday!

16 Likes

It’s great for repeat looping! I’m not a 2a player, but looping is a regular activity for me. Been trying alternating hands as well with a 2a pair, but I’ll enjoy loops with any responsive.

1 Like

@Eric_Newlin You were throwing some pretty solid loops with the SE Ten from what I recall, weren’t you?

1 Like

I thought I was able to get pretty solid loops with my SE10, definitely. I’m still new to the looping game though, so take that with a grain of salt :joy:.
I need to play with the string length and thickness to get my regular SE’s looping as well as the SE10. Haven’t spent quite as much time looping with them.

2 Likes

Special Good Fixed Axle Friday bunny edition.

18 Likes

Brought a travel buddy on vacation. The ceilings are high enough to practice Shoot the Moon on my knees (which my home ceilings are not really).

17 Likes

Took my little imperial to the beach.

My wife thought she could Shame me with a picture to show how ridiculous I looked while yo-yoing at the beach but I think it was fun. There is a challenge with all the wind and such a little yoyo.

21 Likes

Ha Ha, I totally can relate to that. Fortunately this is a thing of the past. When I first started throwing though every time I euphorically ran up to my girlfriend to show her what trick I’ve learned or what element I came up with her mimics and tone of voice changed as if she was complementing a 3-year old that showes a picture they’ve drawn with crayons.
Later on she used my Yo-Yoing as kind of a funny icebreaker when we were around friends whilst simultaneously sneering at me a little bit (in a still loving way though).
Over the time however I think she got used to it and also developed an understanding of the basic workings. That means that from time to time when I‘m throwing around her and out of the corner of her eye she notices I got stuck or something I get sporadic comments like ‚That’s not supposed to be like that, huh!?‘ or ‚Lame!‘ out of the off.
It‘s so much fun :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Today I’m throwing the first and most recent Wildwood yoyos.

25 Likes

nice, is the latest cad/cam based?

1 Like

Yes! And I’m hoping to get the CNC up and running again in the next week or so.

3 Likes