Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Axle is a B bearing (+ bearing lock). Gap width is about 2.4mm.

In my own biased opinion… it plays okay I guess :sweat_smile: It was really designed as a rim weighted bearing yoyo, but I just wanted to implement the bearing lock idea to make it more versatile.

7 Likes

And it looks great! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Nearing the end of my responsive yoyo catching up tour… Man o man, there’s a reason that No-Jives are among the best and favorites of many. Feels perfect in hand and the responsiveness is spot on after string breaks in. Not only that it came with 2 extra wooden axle sleeves! Can’t believe I missed out on these in the 90s. Better stock up on a few personally cause I’ll definitely wear this one out!

17 Likes

Still loving this on I made a little while ago. I don’t mind this yoyo getting sawdusted from work too!

19 Likes

Playing a late 2000’s made in Mexico Crimson Sparkle Butterfly ( aka "Sparkle-Fly) with Gold Foil weighting in at 46 grams. Today its laced with YYF 100% Cotton as I like the added response and feel with these strings.

23 Likes

Hey @bjardin any updates on seeing those new butterflies in stores or online? Would love to get a set of the initial release colors if possible!

4 Likes

It’s on the way, but slow boat. It’s lower MSRP so we are using the most economical freight.

It should be this year!

11 Likes

I cannot wait! What shipping lane is it in I could go for a good swim :joy:

2 Likes

Currently in Scarborough Shoal. LOL :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s a heck of a swim, but I need the exercise!

These came in this week, just in time for FAF.

17 Likes

Accepting @AKYOYOMIKE 's ProYo SlimTember challenge for this Friday, going also play some fixed 2A while I’m at it. These do have a nice feel.

19 Likes

This fine Friday is my Jon Gates random spectroply! Basically a much larger version of the retro gamer and wayyyyy better to throw due to heavier weight.

20 Likes

@vpxtreme What’s the weight, out of curiosity?

1 Like

@eric_newlin Had to pull out the scale. 51g

3 Likes

I love these. After picking up a retro gamer, I’m really disappointed that I passed on them.

1 Like

Was at JoAnn and filled a pretty gaping hole in my fixie collection. Threw a couple of kickflips and stalls before I even checked out.

21 Likes

I often ask myself why I spend so much money on fancy throws. The Butterfly plays…

10 Likes

LOL but fancy shiny throws make you feel good in a way that budget throws don’t. Variety is the spice of life!

4 Likes

Because it plays mediochre.

2 Likes