Fixed Axle Friday Throws

That may just be because of the player. Butterflys have so many variables and idiosyncrasies between each model that it requires the player to adapt and is kind of an equalizer. It requires so much more out of the player to push it. But once a player is able to push it, there is such a great sense of progression. If you can shred on a Butterfly you can shred on anything, the next level up would be an Imperial. Ive been trying to wrap my head around some of these @drewtetz Butterfly whip concepts from nine years ago.

11 Likes

and:

Kind of reinforced my statement.

I like the Butterfly for sure, but there are much better fixed axles out there. The beauty is in the performace for price.

5 Likes

I agree and in their varieties throughout their 64 year history. A lot of people can relate to Butterflys and they are easy to get, in more ways than one.

4 Likes

The wooden butterflies look great, especially the sparkly painted ones. I’ love one of those one day.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s great how readily available they are. If you forget your yoyo, you can even quickly pick one up while out shopping for really cheap.

4 Likes

I meant no offense. I suppose what I meant to say was “I enjoy playing the Butterfly. It’s quite fun.”

3 Likes

There was no offense taken!

5 Likes

@Glenacius_K @Shwa do you know the best way to play with the butterfly ?? I have one but it’s plays a bit poorly when it comes to responsiveness. Is there any tips and recommendations that I should try ??

2 Likes

Its all about string choice. Thicker Cotton strings get the best response. Slim poly strings get more spin time.

4 Likes

I play mine with poly but I double loop for a very consistent response.

3 Likes

I’m working from home this morning and had a quick little post-meeting-sesh with this Red Oak Spinworthy KNack with 6-shooter response. :hugs:

20 Likes

Last day of SlimTember with a 27mm Skinny Orphan Boi!

17 Likes

Filming a trick breakdown of Friday so saved the fixed axles for - wood Yo-yos on the weekend

19 Likes

Out for a hike on Friday with my usual walking company.
It’s my dog :dog2: who keeks getting fed up of me taking pictures of my yoyo haha

15 Likes

Catch joy. It’s contagious but not dangerous. :upside_down_face: Happy Friday all. :yo-yo:

23 Likes

First fixed axle and I am having tons of fun learning stalls. Such a chill way to play with the yoyo.

24 Likes

I got this wild wood “gnome” last week and haven’t put it down! It’s so much fun! It’s definitely one of my smoother fixies!

23 Likes

Retro Gamer today. Feels so good in the hands.

2 Likes

BC Rainbow is the this Friday’s throw (along with BC origin story)

16 Likes

Started FAF a little after midnight this morning. Still can’t fathom how people can do those flips and get their fingers into even one loop after a stall (let alone the several that you see the masters do). But I always love that whirring zip that wood yoyos make as they whip by your face when shooting the moon.

17 Likes