Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Twinsies!

I saw this picture and said “I can recreate it down to the tabletop.”

I can’t do your fancy string loop.

Also are yours full sized? Is the an SE Ten?

16 Likes

OG 2012 TMBR FREMONT Spectra-Ply, with a maple axle sleeve and YYE 100% Cotton Type-10

The beauty of replaceable axles is that it keeps them still playable even after 10 years of Yo!

22 Likes

Yes, Gates Yoyo SE Ten I believe. Got it a few months ago. Looks like you did the same string loop,. Haha. Can’t stop doing that when I put them away.

Wow, I never noticed drilled hole response on a TMBR before. That’s a nice one!

2 Likes

Broccoli order delivered as soon as I clocked out. Bitterfly in the back yard. Looks like a nice storm headed in to cool us off. What a great Friday.

17 Likes

Still looking beautiful. :+1:

2 Likes

Still perfect!

1 Like

Ever since getting my office proyo made i carry a few in my bag and one in my pocket at all times… it’s a business expense i call it networking :wink: so today i was heading home,
my train was leaving in 22 min, I’m only 3 subway stops away… not enough time on a Sat! 9 min on the platform with my office ProYo… finally the E train arrives to take me to Penn Station. Not that crowded, and there is a family standing at the pole in the car, so i stand at the doors and keep throwing minding my own on this slow moving train… i notice the kids notice me and so i take a risk…i throw a lunar stall, (PERFECTLY! I CELEBRATE INSIDE! )… and i follow with another perfect lunar stall hop out into a trapeze stall, (INSIDE FIRE WORKS! ) and with my best EdH cool i KICKFLIP the prettiest kick-flip ever! Catch! Hop out and loop back to my hand! … we pull into Penn Station, i take the yoyo off my hand give it to the dad and tell him if he has any questions to check out my website!..i sprint off and catch my freaking train literally jumped through the closing doors. I love throwing! And it was a B/W half swap ProYo so it looked cooler then the other kids😉

Sorry for the blurry pic.

29 Likes

This is such a great story!

5 Likes

A few signed fixed axles for this Friday

19 Likes

Found this matching set today, while on vacation in Duluth.

18 Likes

Some days I find it easier to just “Play Simply”

29 Likes

Man, that is a nice looking throw. I only have one No-Jive, and it’s the standard engraving from San Francisco. I love some of these other patterns.

2 Likes

It’s been sometime since I last posted. This year has been a lot. But, so far, I’ve participated in my own dEhcade journey with my American Cherry Spinworthy KNAck. The yoyo and I have been leaving our own marks on each other.

20 Likes

i know it’s not friday but i need to ask, do duncan imperials and butterflies count?

2 Likes

Of course they do, they are some staples of play. There are a few hundred examples posted in this thread alone. You can use the Ctrl-F stroke to search the topic inside the thread.

4 Likes

awesome!, i was just scrolling through and saw alot of all wooden yoyos so i wasnt sure if i could partake in fixed axle friday

9 Likes

All are welcome! You might also enjoy looking into the Fixed Axle Collective on Facebook and more specifically on Discord, that is where we are most active now.

4 Likes

The thing about fixed axle is everyone is welcome, doesn’t matter if you have a yoyo from the dollar store or a custom carbon fiber and titanium Dixie that costs as much as a car. All are welcome. Enjoy what you have, play it how you like.

3 Likes

that’s awesome to hear!

3 Likes