Fixed Axle Friday Throws

A few variations from the same mold along with a Duncan fixed axle shirt (Dale Myrberg Jack Russell - it is a little difficult to read the name from the photo)

13 Likes

All Layer Infinity designs survive Hulk smashing on concrete before release*

This is the poor prototype Kasm that ate it.

• This is not a statement of guarantee or encouragement
14 Likes

Also, put in some time with @Eric_Newlin ‘s Mother T this evening. Finally getting the response and ziplike kot-n broken in just right, so it’s starting to play very nicely!

16 Likes

Zipline/ TMBR Wood*Z Cherry XL (Unengraved Early Release) and breaking in a fresh Zipline [kot-n], so yeah, a lot of Double or Nothing Fly-Outs and Planet Hops to get that stretch and grip to set up. Its Friday so I’m Chill’N :sunglasses:

22 Likes

Okay which of you kept bidding me up? :rofl:

15 Likes

Throwing this itty bitty boy today.

@Glenacius_K PolyCarb KnickKnack

@RC_yo-yo @Eric_Newlin @vegabomb have any of you gents ever considered an attempt to turn polycarbonate? I’m sure Glen will tell you it’s a PITA and not worth it, but as someone who only enjoys the results and has no idea of the difficulties involved in the actual process, I would disagree strongly :smiley: .

22 Likes

That string finally broke in around Tuesday, and since its SlimTember I’ll continue to throw as its 28.5mm Slim.

15 Likes

I hadn’t really considered it, but I’m not sure it would be my wheelhouse. I think I’d rather turn wood :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah I feel like most of you guys have that preference. Not just because it’s less hassle, but also probably much more affordable and less risky.

2 Likes

Just got this bad boi today.

Bc Apollo pro / signature series. I’ve been so obsessed lately getting modern responsives and thought I might go back in time a bit. There’s something special about the older generation of fixies that is really pleasant to throw.

It’s a tiny bit lighter and narrower than the normal Apollo and I quite like it. Might have to sell off my normal Apollo now.

17 Likes

That’s definitely above my current skill level. Maybe someday.

I absolutely love the Apollo. Imo one of the best of the true old school fixies before the era of boutique “modern” fixies

3 Likes

12 Likes

SpinWorthy KNack

21 Likes

That looks like a pretty early prototype.

2 Likes

Nah, just well loved. From a run you sent to YYE.

I Love your caftsmanship Glen, this is my most thrown yoyo.

3 Likes

Tom Kuhn-ing with this Flying Camel Model “C”
for Classic

Plays as good as it looks :ok_hand:

20 Likes

Agreed! I’ve been throwing my old bcs and Tom kuhns a whole bunch over the last few weeks and you just can’t deny a tried and true form! The perfected weight and shapes even on the imperial style just feel so right in hand!

2 Likes

Kasm first and second run colours

25 Likes

How do these play? What are the axle specs and gap width?

2 Likes