Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Happy Friday! :beers:

14 Likes

Wait so… is Burts bees chapstick suppose to help with response or spintime?
I’m having a hell of a time getting a fixie to respond like I want it to… it either is too responsive and anytime it hits any string layer it responds or, it just won’t respond at all unless the string tension is super tight. Then I can’t hit anything other than stalls.

Oh and my tmbr came apart on me…

4 Likes

It’s a knack

3 Likes

Chapstick helps with response more than spin time, also wrap the threads of that tmbr axle in ptfe plumbing tape and it won’t come apart on you

1 Like

I’ve been curious about wraping the threads with PTFE tape since I always see you mention it, but I’ve been a bit curious about some aspects of it. Do you have difficulty unscrewing the yoyo after wrapping the axle? Have you noticed the wood threading on the yoyo halves warping or kind of stripping from the stress of needing to be threaded by a bigger object once the tape is added? I know PTFE tape is recommended sometimes for stripped metal yoyos, but I worry that with wood being a softer material it might be more susceptible to stripping when screwing in an axle wrapped in tape.

These might just be ignorant concerns that are non-issues. But if these aren’t things I have to be concerned about then it definitely seems nice, I’ve gotten to a point where my TMBR responds very well, but I still have to check the yoyo from time to time to make sure it isn’t unscrewing on me.

3 Likes

The tape is super thin, I find that once screwed in if I loosen one of the caps I can unscrew that side without the other coming loose, no warping or negative effects that I’ve seen on any of the wooden yo-yos I’ve tried it on

2 Likes

Here’s a trick for Fixed Axle Friday. Who else has sworn off bearings for the month?

I figured this month would be a good time to focus on practicing fixie stuff I rarely do. Throwing 1A tricks on a fixie takes so much finesse, it feels like it’s keeping me honest lol.

13 Likes

Since @chaselawrence97 shared a picture of his KNack last week, I thought I should share mine. It has become like an old friend since we started hanging out on Jan 1. This will be my Fixed Axle February 2022 yoyo (as well as my January 2022, March 2022…)

15 Likes

Working on the THE 7 MYSTICAL GATES OF FIXED AXLE FEBRUARY. Using a Maple TMBR 2019 Irving with some Zipline [kot-n] SE.

13 Likes

EdH made this tutorial look easy, took me 2 days to get this. I’m moving in to something else tomorrow. 4 days no bearings.

7 Likes

Crazy thing is they are STILL in stock!

1 Like

Where?

Hint = a different retailer that offers monthly mystery boxes :thinking:

2 Likes

This took surprisingly long to find using Google…

:grin:nice

1 Like

Snagged one!

14 Likes

6 days in sticking to my guns… was throwing this zipleline TMBR and decided to try @DocPop CW. Possibly the easiest 5/0A trick but it’s my first and it took more tries then i care to admit.

2 Likes

Figured out another basic stall combo. Loving day 8 of Fixed February!

5 Likes

The few that have been in rotation so far this month of Fixed Axle February

28 Likes