With Colin of TMBR hard at work making the new run of DeHcade, and Fixed Axle February fast approaching… it seems only natural to give one away!
Anyone and everyone can be eligible to enter for a RANDOM DRAWING for a truly awesome wooden, hand-crafted throw - the DeHcade - which is also the only yo-yo I’m using this year.
But (and it’s a BIG BUT)… to be entered, you’ve gotta pass through…
THE 7 MYSTICAL GATES OF FIXED AXLE FEBRUARY
(ok that’s not a thing I just made it up.)
REGARDLESS… to be entered into the drawing, you must hit each of the following tricks on film:
- Bird (3 seconds balance)
- Shoot the Moon to Lunar Landing
- Split the Atom (3 somersaults and LOOP OUT)
- UFO Recapture
- Zipper Stalls (3 reps)
Here are the tricks. Stylistic difs aside, they should be done essentially as shown.
You can find breakdowns for the tricks online (at the bandalores Instagram page among other places).
A few things to consider:
- you do NOT need to hit these contiguously as in the video - you can do them one at a time throughout the month and edit them together.
- you DO need to show the WHOLE trick, including the throw and catch, with the yo-yo visible through all integral stalls. (I’ll judge this area, and if I feel like it looks sketchy or incorrect, I’ll let you know it doesn’t count.)
- Entries are due by midnight on 2/28. You enter by posting a link to your video in this thread. (Only entries posted here will be considered. I’ll post a list of all the eligible entries at that point and we’ll draw a winner at random on 3/1.
- You need to put your tricks together into ONE VIDEO (or one single video post if you’re using Insta). You can upload to YouTube, Instagram, Imgur, Vimeo, or any other medium visible through the forum, but all tricks should be together in a single post. If I have to click multiple links to see check em off, it’s a no-go.
- Any FIXED AXLE yo-yo is eligible. NO ball bearing or transaxle yo-yo’s are allowed for this one. This should be a given since it’s Fixed Axle Feb. When you post your tricks, please identify the yo-yo(s) used.
The point of this contest is to get people to have some fun learning some of the key elements of modern fixed axle throwing. You’ve got a month to learn, hit, and film 7 tricks. I believe in you. Thanks and here’s wishing you an epic FAF!
ENTERED SO FAR (I’ll update throughout the month):
@ safetypin *I can only technically mention 10 users in the post - had to get creative.