Fixed Axle February 2024 - Week 1

Spinning into Nostalgia with Fixed Axle February!

Be dazzled as we take you on a retro ride back to the roots of yo-yoing, with some modern twists! Fixed Axle February is not just an event, it’s a trip down memory lane with the coolest vibes and sweetest tricks!

Prepare for Zero Gravity fun for the whole family; bring your dog, your spouse, your Mijo/Mija.

Grab your Duncan Butterfly or Dollar Store Woodie, a can of Surge, and your favorite JNCO jeans, because Fixed Axle February is HERE, courtesy of the YoYo Boomers Club!

Why Fixed Axle February?

Because nothing screams “good ol’ times” like the sweet whirr of a fixie! No bearing or lube required!

It’s the ultimate celebration of simplicity and style.

Enjoy, prepare for a chill time, and follow us Through the LKing Glass on our wild ride. In Fixed Axle February, the only thing spinning out of control is your throw!

Grab some sweet stickers for your station wagon and other great merch here: Click Me!

Let’sGetSpinning

Trick List

Celebrity Trick

zgrt black

Weekly Prize Raffle

Video submissions must be posted to the YoyoExpert Thread before 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, 2/8. Video must contain the Fixed Axle February Sponsor page at the beginning of the video.

• Post a video of a Completed Trick from the Trick list = 1 Entry into that weeks Drawing.
  • Post a video(s) of all Four Tricks Completed = 1 additional Entry into that weeks Drawing.
  • All tricks must be completed on a fixed axle yo-yo (bearing blanks allowed)

lkglass

Guest Trick Prize Raffle

• Post a video of the Completed Guest Trick = 1 Entry
  • All tricks must be completed on a fixed axle yo-yo (bearing blanks allowed)

Participants can only win one prize for the event.

After weekly events close. Tricks will be reviewed and the Winner(s) of the Random Drawings will be announced.

FAQ

Not sure how to post a video on the YYE forums?
Check out this thread

Not sure how to add the Sponsor page to your video?
Check out this thread

Want to share pics of you awesome fixies?
Post over here

These tricks are pretty hard. Got any other tips?
Here are some extra trick tutorials, or feel free to post in this thread.

Any other questions?
Ask below or find us on Discord

26 Likes

Good luck to all doing this. Hope to work on this but fully admit I’m not up to video editing for something like this. Will be watching though and working on the tricks.

6 Likes

I am already failing at the basic stall…

I can’t even imagine hitting the Guest Trick this week!

5 Likes

You and me both brother.

3 Likes

No editing needed other than adding the sponsor screen to the front. I’m working on dropping a really simple how to add the sponsor page to your video post.

I promise I’ll set the bar real low when I post mine :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah thats what I meant by video editing, if I didn’t have to do that I’d be up for this. But that added step means I need to other get an app for my phone or go back to my PC after working hours to edit the video. Both of which I’d rather avoid, but I will work on the tricks and watch others :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

@Jerrod :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: Lol okay let’s go! Hah!

5 Likes

Gearing up. I’m gearing up. I’m gearing up.

3 Likes

Yeaahhhh…. WHATTTTT!!!

@Jerrod, the one string sorcerer.

6 Likes

So this is due next Thursday?

2 Likes

@GTDropKnot @Yodaddyo
It’s not a beginner trick but it’s a good challenge for people who have some experience in fixed axle and 1A, so there’s challenges for all skill levels. You can do it! Earn that prize baby!

If anyone has any questions about Mysto Set, hit me up. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Exactly incentive to just play the game and do a trapeze for those who are still learning, finish the ladder for the week for better odds or challenge yourself for the grand prize and nail that guest trick. It’s wild. I was baffled while editing the video.

4 Likes

How fun. Thanks to everyone who helped set this up! I’m excited to play along and learn a few new tricks. Giddyup!

3 Likes

Can we do all four regular tricks in one combo, like back to back and have it count for all four or do we need to make 4 separate videos?

4 Likes

We encourage you to do them all in one combo.

8 Likes

(caps lock alert!)

THE EVENT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO FOR ALMOST A YEAR IS HERE AGAIN

7 Likes

This probably the wrong place to ask this, but how do you do this?

“Video must contain the Fixed Axle February Sponsor page at the beginning of the video.”

2 Likes

You can download a video editing software and use it to add an image at the start. They have them for phones ios/andriod, desktop, chromeos, etc.

2 Likes

If you have an iPhone, iMovie is free. Super easy and straight forward. Just drag and drop. Most free apps you download to do this will be just as simple too.

2 Likes

I use an app called Youcut Video editor that has been very helpful for basic edits for things like Instagram and tiktok. There’s a paid version but the free use version is totally usable and easy.

3 Likes