Mixed Axle March! (Win a... whatever I send you!)

@liamodellbass suggested I keep the FAF thing going and produce a new list of tricks to hit for the month. I’m a middle school teacher, and far be it from me to avoid assigning homework to kids who crave it!

Unfortunately I am all out of DeHcades lol, but if you can pass these 7 gates by March 31, I’ll enter you in another giveaway and see if I can find something cool to send the winner. :slight_smile:

Same rules as before, but since it’s “Mixed Axle March”, I’ll let you hit em on ANY responsive yo-yo.
See if you can hit:

Mystic Dump (1/2-flip from Bro to Trapeze Stall)
2x Eli Hop (hands must touch)
Interrupted Plastic Stall (from Planet Hop)
Stop N Pop (sidestyle Stop N Go popped to quick Bro-Stall regen)
Backhand Flip (start and end in Undermount Stall)
Tape Measure Unwind (Breakaway regen out)
Double Sidewinder

Same rules as last month (check the thread)
Share your entries below if you decide to go in. These are somewhat tougher, so May the Force Be With You.

IN:
@r0kushoo
@Upmanyu
@liamodellbass
@safetypin
@qualitycontra

27 Likes

Sick. Third to last one is nasty.

6 Likes

It is, but bear in mind you can use any responsive this time, and it’s considerably easier on a wider yo-yo. Definitely a challenging kendama-inspired trick though.

2 Likes

Good god haha, super stepped up in difficulty

4 Likes

Well I ain’t just GIVIN’ this stuff away…
I mean… ok I AM, but… yeah.

7 Likes

Cant wait to get these ones on film, stoked to learn some new tricks

1 Like

Thanks for doing another contest! I’ve been trying to land Stop N pop to bro-stall for a while and this was the motivation I needed. I hope I did everything correctly. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

11 Likes

In like Flynn! (Not sure who Flynn is - you’re actually more in than him.)

2 Likes

I found this post by @ferrocile infinitely helpful last month, so here are some tutorials I found:

Mystic Dump

Eli Hops

Plastic Stall

Stop N Pop

Backhand Flip

Tape Measure Unwind

Double Sidewinder

These all look wicked hard. I haven’t landed a single Mystic Dump yet…

5 Likes

Erroll Flynn. He used to be some kinda actor or ladies’ man or something. Couldn’t even land a trapeze.

Ivan

1 Like

So are these considerably harder or are folks just over it lol?
All good either way, and @r0kushoo is 1/3 through an easy skate to prize-land.

6 Likes

I’ve only got 3 tricks filmable lol. I literally havent landed a mystic dump

2 Likes

I got a production run in my lap this month, i’ll certainly be trying these after I get a moment.

2 Likes

Im gonna try all of these this weekend!

2 Likes

These are pretty challenging. So far I can land Mystic Dump and Tape Measure Unwind. I’m confident I’ll get Eli Hops and Stop N Pop. I’m less confident in the rest, but I’ll get what I can on video.

2 Likes

Well so far I have landed
Mystic dump, Eli hops, stop N go, double sidewinder.
Almost have the tape measure unwind.
Having major issue with the plastic stall and the backhand flip.
It’s only the 10th and I didn’t have any of these down, except Eli hops, on Mar 1st. So there is a possibility I might make it. Have a ball either way!

7 Likes

I think I’m gonna get there, but it’ll take some work! I may record some of the ones I have down so far, as well as try to learn the rest of em’.

Some of them I just wanna do over and over all day, like the tape measure unwind, haha!

4 Likes

Eli Hops practice is like a you pick 2 of popped up straight, landed on string, and didn’t respond…

2 Likes

I think I got them all! :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Another fun month of learning some yo! Thanks to @edhaponik for the guidance on where to start in regards to 0A, it’s now been my favorite style of trick set!

11 Likes