Fixed Axle February 2024 - Week 2

Let’s Cool things off with Chill Vibes in the Fixed Axle Frost for Week 2!

Hey Arctic Acrobats and Frosty Flip Masters! Are you still thawing out from the sizzling tricks of Week 1? Well, bundle up because Fixed Axle February with the YoYo Boomers Club is taking a frosty turn, and the tricks are about to be as cool as a snowflake in an arctic blast!

Check out some of our tricks/challenges and have a chance to win COOL yo-yo swag.

You Butter-fly to your computers, grab your woodies, and keep this party rolling!

Let’s Layer up to Infinity, take a Stand, and keep this Fixed Axle frost alive! We’ve got everything you need to keep your yo-yo party chill!

Additionally, as the Swedish Chef likes to say: merrrchi merchi murchi

Wrap up in your coziest scarf, grab your Pogs if you want, and let’s

KeepTheChillSpinning

Trick List

Celebrity Trick

Weekly Prize Raffle

This week there will be 6 winners, each receiving a Duncan Butterfly.

Video submissions must be posted to the YoyoExpert Thread before 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, 2/15. Video must contain the Fixed Axle February Sponsor seen below at the beginning of the video.

• Post a video of a Completed Trick from the Trick list = 1 Entry into that week’s Drawing.
  • Post a video(s) of all Four Tricks Completed = 1 additional Entry into that week’s Drawing.
  • All tricks must be completed on a fixed axle yo-yo (bearing blanks allowed)

Celebrity Trick Prize Raffle

This week’s celebrity trick raffle prize will be a prize pack of an Octostand from Layer Infinity and a Duncan Bag with Two Butterfly yoyos and Psychedelic Butterfly Stickers from Duncan

• Post a video of the Completed Guest Trick = 1 Entry
  • All tricks must be completed on a fixed axle yo-yo (bearing blanks allowed)

Participants can only win one prize for the month of February.

After weekly events close, tricks will be reviewed and the Winner(s) of the Random Drawings will be announced.

FAQ

Not sure how to post a video on the YYE forums?

Check out this thread

Not sure how to add the Sponsor page to your video?
Check out this thread

Want to share pics of your awesome fixies?
Post over here

These tricks are pretty hard. Got any other tips?
Here are some extra trick tutorials, or feel free to post in this thread.

Also an extra video by Charlie for double or nothing if your struggling

Any other questions?
Ask below or find us on Discord

21 Likes

14 Likes

LET’S GO! i just received the poly El MiJo i bought, lets put it to the test!

8 Likes

Sweet I’ve landed all of them. Now just a bit of practice to clean them up and get ready for filming.

7 Likes

Sweet, I’m totally not going to wait until last minute to post again… Maybe.

5 Likes

@YoYo-Boomer-Club zipper and double links are swapped.

Tricks for Week 2 by me with that El MiJo

I just hope the zines count after 2or0

10 Likes

Yo sorry I got another rules lawyer question :sweat_smile:. So for a trick like bucket stall, is that specific entry part of the trick and required or can I just stall in the same mount but use a different entrance? Thanks y’all!

4 Likes

Yeah, feel free to use whatever entrance you like. :smile:

3 Likes

I’d count that.

Ohh thank you I’ll take a look at that

Not getting super picky if you bring in some variation on the entry or the exit I think we are still chill as long as the core of the trick is completed. We aren’t picky we would love to see cool stuff over making yall do what was specifically shown. Especially with something like a bucket stall where entry doesn’t honestly matter it’s landing the bucket.

If the variation is too far from the original trick then that’s different though.

6 Likes

I’ve struggled with bucket stall and it’s bothered me for a long time because I love the classic drop in bucket so now I hopefully nail it lol. Either way I will get practice in hahha

6 Likes

Also, @Ardeus your tutorials are great and I appreciate them.

11 Likes

Im definitely sweating some of these tricks with a slim line :sweat_smile:. Can I win one of those butterflies in advance?? :laughing:

5 Likes

If you need one and can’t afford one shoot me a DM.

4 Likes

Hey, thanks Dan! You’re too kind. :bowing_man:t2:

2 Likes

Too kind indeed! Honestly just been buying some yoyos so im penny pinching, but i cojld afford one of i wanted to. Im going to try with what I got!! Its a pretty nice throw it just has a slim gap. Thanks for the offer!

3 Likes

narrow gaps are just better for stalls :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s everything. All 4 tricks plus the celebrity trick.

21 Likes