Fixed Axle February 2024 - Week 2

Love hearing that Butterfly scream

8 Likes

(Googled “butterfly scream” and wasn’t dissapointed)

9 Likes

Great looking set this week! Looking forward to putting it together.

1 Like

Here’s my four regular tricks with a jade whip bucket stall → makin’ da ‘zines → weird little zipper variation → regular zipper (jtbs) → double or nothing stall.

I might actually be able to get the celebrity trick within the week this time. I’ll keep ya posted :rofl:

15 Likes

Ya, but you missed this one!

ith her “gender” (I don’t want to get flagged by this site)

FOR ADULTS ONLY

2 Likes

Fair enough…. Fixed

1 Like

I’m going to keep mine until the Resident Curmudgeon tells me I can’t

1 Like

First 4 tricks and Celeb trick attached for your viewing pleasure.
Bonus trick at the end again! :stuck_out_tongue:
Also wanted to show off what I call my Franken-Fixie (FD Mod44, Layer Infinity Butterfly Caps, ZGRT Mijo D-Bearing Blank, and Spire Shims)

Thanks again, having lots of fun, and looking forward to everyone’s submissions!
It feels real good to get this week’s celeb trick, haha!
Proud YoYo Boomer signing off! :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Here is my celeb trick. The flip is a little cut off because instagram crops stuff. Reckon this is good?

8 Likes

Newbie question here. So I’m trying to do the double or nothing but my yoyo is really responsive. So it starts to wind up before it gets all the way around to my throw hand finger. Any tips?

1 Like

Old school trick for fixed axles is to take the yoyo and just spin it counter clockwise so the string loosens up. Neutral slack is still sometimes too responsive for sleeping on fixies.

2 Likes

I thought Ed was going to kill us with a guest trick. I haven’t gotten week 1 guest trick but still trying, so here’s Eds trick, I’m super pumped I’ve landed this 5 times after this video!!!

10 Likes

Sometimes it helps to like, untwist the end of the string around the axle and kind of open up the space like you’re going to take the string off but yeah also make sure tension is neutral (string isn’t twisting up) or even looser than neutral. Also it might be a technique thing bc if you move wrong after the string is in contact with non throw hand index, that can cause the Yoyo to respond.

2 Likes

Here are all 5 tricks.

Makin’ Da Zines > Zipper Stalls > Double or Nothing Stall > Bucket Stall > Interrupted Breakaway Fingerflip

19 Likes

doesn’t all need to be hard, yknow?
i’d rather share a trick people can stick in their everyday toolbox. (sometimes.)

17 Likes

The ladder got a bit harder but the guest truck a bit easier. I call that balance. Next few weeks will increase in difficulty so this is a nice grace period

8 Likes

Yes loosening string torsion can help as people have commented.

It is also really important to keep the string taut - not allow any slack as you go through most of the trick. Then as you are coming around to land on the string, you give it a tug to get it to respond and come up into the stall.

Edit add: Try to keep a really consistent circular swing through the wraps to help keep the string taut.

It can help to pretend that you are wrapping around your fingers and then going for a trapeze stall at the last minute and landing on the outer string.

2 Likes

So smooth!

1 Like

Dude it made my day nailing this one after you gave the breakdown! Thank you!!!

3 Likes