Modern Responsive March 2024 - Week 1

Week 1 Kickoff! Welcome to Modern Responsive March (MRM) with the YoYo Boomer Club!

Hey Tech-Savvy Throwers and Digital Dynamos! We hope you enjoyed FAF as much as we did, but now it’s time to update our throws and jump ahead in time a little at 88 mph with 1.21 gigawatts of power!

Are you ready to kick off Modern Responsive March (MRM) in style with the YoYo Boomer Club? We’re going Hollywood! Get ready to sit back and relax, as we dive into the digital era of yo-yoing because we’re about to launch an epic journey into the future of responsive yo-yo play!

It’s time to level up your game with a touch of modern magic! One Drop of this event will put you in a Deeper State of being. Prepare yourselves for some great tricks, entertaining times, and fun prizes. Same great feel of FAF, but modernized. Let’s kick off this month in style!

We hope you will enjoy this DeLorean like leap of entertainment. So charge up your devices, sync your throws, and let’s dive headfirst into the modern revolution of yo-yoing!

“Where we’re going, we don’t need roads….but we do need Merch!"

GreatScott…It’sABearing!

Trick List

one drop

Weekly Prize Raffle

This week’s trick ladder prize is a OneDrop Deeper State provided by OneDrop.

Video submissions must be posted to the YoyoExpert Thread before 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time on Friday, March 8th. Video must begin with the Modern Responsive March Sponsor image seen below at the beginning of the video. Parents or guardians may allow their children to participate by posting their videos on their behalf.

• Post a video of a Completed Trick from the Trick list = 1 Entry into that week’s Drawing.
  • Post a video(s) of all Three Tricks Completed = 1 additional Entry into that week’s Drawing.

Participants can only win one prize for the month of March.

After weekly events close, tricks will be reviewed and the Winner(s) of the Random Drawings will be announced.

FAQ

Not sure how to post a video on the YYE forums?

Check out this thread

Not sure how to add the Sponsor page to your video?

Check out this thread

Want to share pics of. your sweet modern responsive throw?

Post in this thread here

These tricks are pretty hard. Got any other tips?

Here are some extra trick tutorials, or feel free to post in this thread.

Any other questions?

Ask below or find us on Discord

Also check out our linktree for additional resources.

27 Likes

10 Likes

I get my bearings back. Better dust them off it’s been a long month.

7 Likes

Time to grab the Traxxas grease!

3 Likes

Hyped for this, the workhorse looks good.

3 Likes

Flipper link isn’t working, taking me to discord.

2 Likes

Here we go!

12 Likes

We’re on it!

2 Likes

Please see below for my Week1 submission!
All three tricks, still have a bonus at the end coming into MRM as well apparently, haha.
Also, included one trick twice since I HAD to bring my Imperial with me to start things off (just in case).

(For Note: Flipper and Bounce House should be Split-Bottom Stalls, not Undermount Stalls. I re-shot in a separate vid)

Also really enjoyed Bounce House!
Proud “Modern” YoYo Boomer :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Great entry ,but i see incorrect stalls in 2 and 3 tricks, it must be split bottom mount

2 Likes

Ah yes, this is very true. Needs to be a Split bottom Mount not an Undermount. Sorry, that’s kind of my bad for not explaining the trick well enough in this video. For the coming weeks I’ll try to be more descriptive.

5 Likes

Oh no! My brain translated incorrectly, haha, will update!

2 Likes

Check out the alternate tutorials for each trick. @DocPop does a better job than I at explaining Flipper. Especially when it comes to the transition from Split Bottom Mount to Alternate Hand Planet Hop.

3 Likes

I brought shame to my club, hopefully this re-do of Flipper and Bounce House will rectify it. :pray:

14 Likes

I wouldn’t necessarily call it shame. You did bless us with a new trick… No Throwz Sticky Booger.

5 Likes

Gave it ago

11 Likes

Looks good! But it had to be a Split Bottom Stall for it to count.

3 Likes

Love all the tricks guys! Thanks for participating!

5 Likes

Ok here it is! MRM week numero uno!

No-throwz
Flipper
Bounce house

Those last 2 are sort of tricky!

14 Likes

Yo here’s this weeks tricks! Lemme know if I messed anything up please!

Also, is there anything that makes these tricks more modern responsive and the tricks last month more fixie? Or nah it’s kinda just all 0a and those are just different types of yo-yos to appreciate and enjoy playing with?

18 Likes