Fixed Axle Friday Throws

There’s a full Wood’Z restock going on right now FYI. The Cherry XL is the goods :+1:

8 Likes

Ok, more El Mijo thoughts.

I really like the El Mijo. And the different bearings that it comes with are a real treat to rotate through. Also, we’ll done on including the D-bearing size removal tool. It just further encourages you to try all the bearings.

Anyway, the half-spec bearing is really great with some silicone grease. It reminds me of a cross between the Sherpa and the Day Tripper. It’s what I always hoped the responsive Sherpa setup would play like, but the Sherpa was always too heavy for me for 0a. Instead, this responds like the Day Tripper, but with a different personality - something akin the hollowness of a lighter Sherpa.

I tried the bearing blank again with an unknown string (maybe a Zipline Prestige), and it works great! Maybe the pads just needed breaking in, because I had a little trouble initially with a thud-like, inconsistent response. Now it’s all good. I think it just needed a little play to get everything jiving together.

I also tried the flat bearing, and it really changes up the play experience. It’s a fun challenge and a unique feel. You really feel the hollow-bodied character with this bearing.

Next up, I have to try the centering bearing, but I definitely recommend that you get your hands on this while it’s available.

Plus it’s makes me even more excited for the MK1 x Spinworthy RBC. Really excited to compare these two and play around with hollow bodied throws for a while. @MarkD @Glenacius_K

11 Likes

Really appreciate this post, I’m also looking forward to the RBC lol. Thanks!

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see how it compares with the wood!

19 Likes

Same
I have an oak Bloodcell and it is 100% my favorite fixie

3 Likes

Busted out my new BloodCell in anticipation of tomorrow. Can’t wait to grab a RBC.

18 Likes

19 Likes

MerreH Christmas Eve, TMBR Maple PockeHt and some YYE Type-10 cotton :yum: :christmas_tree:

25 Likes

KNack attack

18 Likes

It’s a festive (mostly) fixed axle friday!

22 Likes

Happy fixed axle Christmas Eve!

I hope everyone has a great time over the holidays!

25 Likes

Throwing these awesome @RC_yo-yo creations today. Here are a couple detail shots

28 Likes

19 Likes

What a great photo!

3 Likes

Finally had to put a new string on it and the response went way loose. After tinkering and torquing the axle to the point where I think sort of damaged it (heard and felt a crunch - thankfully there were backups in stock and on the way), and throwing about 100 times to hopefully break in the string, it’s back to moon shots.

20 Likes

Throwing old reliable today.

17 Likes

Testing a couple of Bloodcells I just made.

26 Likes

Took my bearing blank loaded el MiJo with me to two Christmas Eve celebrations with mine and my gf’s families. Been having fun shooting the moon and attempting lunar flips all day. The metal fixie plays way smoother than the plastic fixies I have, but thats to be expected. Not sure if that makes it a better play experience, just different.

18 Likes

You willing to sell either of those? :joy:

3 Likes

Today’s (main) throw is the SPYY x Tmbr x yoyoexpert eh.

Hope everyone has a happy new year!

22 Likes