MK1 Yoyos X Spinworthy RBC Coming Soon!

I’m excited to announce an upcoming collaborative effort between MK1 Yoyos and Spinworthy: the RBC (Red Blood Cell).

199697184_219630839976629_9079808917851867492_n

The idea was to take one my wooden models called the Bloodcell and turn it into a metal responsive yoyo.

Rather than using an A sized bearing, we decided to use a smaller MR85 bearing that is only 8mm in diameter, the same as the wooden axle in the original wooden Bloodcell. This bearing combined with the same gap width as the original is intended to replicate the ideal play characteristics of fixed axle yoyos with the smoothness and power of metal. The result is a very reliably responsive yoyo, even with a dry bearing. Here is the MR85 next to an A bearing:

178000391_1435823136771788_2504073222976625114_n

It was a challenge to design a lightweight hollow-bodied yoyo, but we manged to dial it in at 48g using 7068 Aluminium (Aussie spelling) with a diameter of around 55mm.

It’s fast, lightweight, powerful and best of all, very reliably responsive. It’s a 0A beast and we hope you’ll love it when it drops later this year!

49 Likes

This was a challenging design. Perfectly rounded, hollow, thin, responsive, lightweight… sturdy, even possible to manufacture? It can be tough designing under so many constraints, but it gives the project a laser focus, and it’s obvious if it hit the mark.

My cat wasn’t too impressed…

There was something really compelling about the wooden bloodcell that made me want to push this through into reality.

Despite its almost-all-air construction, it holds up to drops thanks to a 12mm long m3 axle hidden inside.

Custom pads keep the response as close to the bearing as possible, and we’ll have extras available if needed.

Naturally, the RBC will be making their way to YoYoExpert after production is complete!

50 Likes

Wow, this looks really cool! I am definitely going to snag one of these.

10 Likes

Ooh this looks nice!

10 Likes

Is the red blood cell going to be anodised with haemoglobin? :joy:

8 Likes

This sounds like it will be vastly superior to the Sherpa. :+1:

5 Likes

I want one.

5 Likes

This looks very nice, well done!

Can you get one engraved with O-?

6 Likes

When and where will it be available?

3 Likes

It’ll be here on Yoyoexpert, hopefully in 2 months or so. We just ordered production recently.

11 Likes

That looks really nice

3 Likes

Fire up the hype train!

6 Likes

Very nice! I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Just when i thought the Day Tripper was going to be my end-game 0A metal. If this is anything like the wood version it will be excellent, great design :+1:

7 Likes

I hope it doesn’t disappoint @eternalmetal! Your opinion matters a lot.

2 Likes

Dude. What!?:astonished:. This is great!! Yes!!:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Holy cow! Im in!

3 Likes

Okay first of all that looks incredible!!!
Second of all, how are the pull starts!?

2 Likes

Very cool design! Looks like a blast to play. Kudos fellas!

2 Likes

Pull starts are very pleasant!

Here’s some not-very-expert play showing off how it moves.

22 Likes