Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Ok, more El Mijo thoughts.

I really like the El Mijo. And the different bearings that it comes with are a real treat to rotate through. Also, we’ll done on including the D-bearing size removal tool. It just further encourages you to try all the bearings.

Anyway, the half-spec bearing is really great with some silicone grease. It reminds me of a cross between the Sherpa and the Day Tripper. It’s what I always hoped the responsive Sherpa setup would play like, but the Sherpa was always too heavy for me for 0a. Instead, this responds like the Day Tripper, but with a different personality - something akin the hollowness of a lighter Sherpa.

I tried the bearing blank again with an unknown string (maybe a Zipline Prestige), and it works great! Maybe the pads just needed breaking in, because I had a little trouble initially with a thud-like, inconsistent response. Now it’s all good. I think it just needed a little play to get everything jiving together.

I also tried the flat bearing, and it really changes up the play experience. It’s a fun challenge and a unique feel. You really feel the hollow-bodied character with this bearing.

Next up, I have to try the centering bearing, but I definitely recommend that you get your hands on this while it’s available.

Plus it’s makes me even more excited for the MK1 x Spinworthy RBC. Really excited to compare these two and play around with hollow bodied throws for a while. @MarkD @Glenacius_K

11 Likes