MK1 and Spinworthy present - The RBC!

When YoYoExpert Forum member Spinworthy Glen first showed off his new wooden fixed axle yoyo called the ‘bloodcell’ we were in awe of the visual aesthetics and simplicity. It is also was one of the most interesting fixed axle yoyos to hold and throw!

MK1 joined forces with Glen and the idea was to take one of YoYoExpert Forum member Spinworthy Glen’s wooden models (called the Bloodcell) and turn it into a metal responsive yoyo!

Rather than using an A sized bearing, they decided to use a smaller MR85 bearing that is only 8mm in diameter, the same as the wooden axle in the original wooden Bloodcell. This bearing combined with the same gap width as the original is intended to replicate the ideal play characteristics of fixed axle yoyos with the smoothness and power of metal. The result is a very reliably responsive yoyo, even with a dry bearing.

It was a challenge to design a lightweight hollow-bodied yoyo, but they manged to dial it in at 48g using 7068 Aluminum with a diameter of around 55mm.

It’s fast, lightweight, powerful and best of all, very reliably responsive. It’s a 0A beast and it might just be the best shoot the moon yoyo ever. We think this is one of the yoyos of the year!

Monday 12/20 @ 8PM EST.

36 Likes

Props to @MarkD and @Glenacius_K, that’s a great looking yoyo.

8 Likes

So excited!

5 Likes

I’m not really a 0a guy but I’m excited for this one. There’s enough about it that is unique to make me wanna pick one up just to see how it feels. Hopefully I don’t space and forget the drop lol.

6 Likes

@EOS44 your colorway looks to be the one to get :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

It’s finally here! Really torn between the OG red and the YYE colorway. I am super hyped for this one, the wood Bloodcell is really a special yoyo.

Edit: oh damn, EOS’s colorway looks dope too, but blood is thicker than water.

5 Likes

That watermelon fade is so out there, while I want red I may have to get that funky fade

3 Likes

@Glenacius_K thought your dimple tricks should be here

17 Likes

The weight looks so perfect for effortless shoot the moons. Awesome.

1 Like

I made sure that this design stuck to my ‘moon, or go home’ philosophy. I pulled off about 30 in a row with this yesterday.

10 Likes

I like the red, but the EOS44 edition is really nice too. It spins with a pink champagne colour.

5 Likes

I’m having the hardest time deciding on a color. There are so many great options.

4 Likes

Do we need a tool to pull the bearing, @Glenacius_K and @MarkD ?

4 Likes

I purchased a 3mm wide MR85 bearing ahead of this release (I’m that committed lol), and I’m honestly shocked at how small the bearing is. Its no wonder no lube is needed to keep this thing responsive!

6 Likes

It’s the gift yo-yo as well, to someone who just wants to play a yo-yo they remember as a kid.

2 Likes

Usually yes - a 5mm drill bit or a D-bearing puller will work, sice D bearings have the same inside diameter.

8 Likes

What is the play feel of the RBC out of the box?

3 Likes

This was designed to be snappy responsive for 0a out of the box, running dry bearings even.

3 Likes

Any B-Grade colors on this drop?

1 Like

The non-yoyoexpert multicolored colorways all have b-grades available, for ano flaws.

6 Likes