MK1 Yoyos X Spinworthy RBC Coming Soon!

Looking forward to seeing @EOS44 push its limits, or should I rephrase, its unlimited potential :grinning:

11 Likes

Most excited I’ve been about a yoyo drop !

So ready to shred!

4 Likes

Wait, there’s a word for it…

I bet this thing slaps.

4 Likes

Where might these bearings be found if we want extras?

4 Likes

I am, indeed, in possesion of one of this yoyos.

This thing slaps, even in it’s proto phase. The production version will be even better.

Expect more of that soon :camera:

22 Likes

my tricks are un-oxygenated by comparison

Should be available at eg. Amazon if you search for MR85, MR85ZZ, MR85-2RS. HobbyTown also carries this size as a replacement part for RC cars. Any hobby shop that has RC parts would likely have them. ABEC-1 is all you need.

I’ll check to see if we can’t get some of them listed as extras here on YYE.

12 Likes

I frikkin knew it.
:metal:

4 Likes

Whoa nice! I am diggin that design a lot!! I think It would be really cool to be able to switch it from responsive to unresponsive…
But either way that’s a sick looking throw and I’d gladly buy one!

3 Likes

:repeat:

16 Likes

I seem to be getting here too late to answer most questions. :laughing:

Yeah as Mark was saying, the MR85 bearing is easy to get a hold of. I bought a ten pack of them at ABEC 5 rating for $10 from Aliexpress.

I was concerned that being such a thin bearing it would lack durability/longevity. This doesnt seem to be the case, the original factory bearing in mine is still performing perfectly with zero maintenance. I haven’t touched it and it came unlubed.

This is one cool aspect of the design. None of this opening up and cramming it with thick lube or grease every month to keep it responsive. The set up just works.

14 Likes

Here’s Kyle Nations noodling around with it a bit:

12 Likes

Well… You can buy MR85ZZ- W3 bearings which have an extra .5 mm width. You can also beefcake 2 MR85 bearings onto it! You can definitely perform 1A tricks on it this way.

Just watch out for your shins if your’re going to use this setup… Kickback is REAL!

8 Likes

Well I do love my bloodcell so I guess this is a no brainer

5 Likes

A spectra-dye ano to match lol?

3 Likes

Lol. We have some nice colours coming.

8 Likes

I hope (solid) red and purple are among them. That red prototype is :fire:!

5 Likes

Red is definitely one of the colours, considering it’s called the red blood cell.

5 Likes

Yep, I can confirm that this same red will be in the production colorways.

10 Likes

This looks amazing! I was just thinking it’s been a long time since I’ve gotten a new Spinworthy, and I don’t own an MK1 yet. Now I know what I’m getting!

12 Likes

Awesome! You should do a clear one and name it white blood cell!

11 Likes