MK1 Yoyos X Spinworthy RBC Coming Soon!

Latest word from the machine shop is that this will be ready in October. Still excited for these! I don’t even have any of the prototypes right now, I really miss them.

18 Likes

Can’t stop thinking about this thing. Wish October would hurry up and get here!

11 Likes

Super excited about this one! I’ve been getting more into responsive play, and this thing looks really interesting. Cool stuff, for sure!

5 Likes

I too am (not so) patiently waiting for the rbc.

7 Likes

The turning part of manufacturing will have been completed by now. This yoyo actually requires special tooling to anodize the caps (they don’t have an axle hole to screw onto the regular anodizing racks) so anodizing may take a bit!

8 Likes

Do you have a target retail price you can share yet? Just curious.

2 Likes

Please pardon my ignorance. There appears to be axle holes on the interior faces of the RBC. ??? Why can’t that be used?

1 Like

Ask the machine shop, I guess.

3 Likes

The caps don’t seem to have any holes looking at the photos above (the exploded view obviously). Yeah, we’re all excited.

3 Likes

The tap-through hole is part of the main body, not the cap. The cap is mostly just a big curve, plus a ledge that interfaces with the rest of the body to form the press fit.

7 Likes

What is the latest on availability?

Anxious…

1 Like
6 Likes

Thanks @Lido!

To add some extra detail, this is a longer anodization job than usual since special tooling is required (I assume for the caps, since they don’t have a screw hole to mount them on a rack).

Here’s a body half photo they sent me, pre-anodization:

And, of course, a blasted cap (still pre-anodization):

17 Likes

Holy junk this is exciting. Can’t wait.

4 Likes

Is that a white blood cell?

3 Likes

It’s pre-colorizing. Clear didn’t make the cut in the production colorways.

7 Likes

PLURAL?! I was intrigued, but now am ravenous.

6 Likes

Gotchu I thought y’all were tryna be funny for a minute… I’d def snag a :green_heart:

2 Likes

any possible estimation on timeline and retail cost? literally dying over here, not sure how much longer i can hold my breath ;]

5 Likes

I anticipate being able to test + package them all within a week of when I get them, and then it’ll be 2-4 weeks for them to get all mailed out and ready at retailers. So at this point I think it’s going to blow past my earlier October estimate.

6 Likes