Mk1 Yoyos!

Here’s something new!

Back to Mk1Contact news as these are releasing on the 30th.

HD stands for Ham Dog. This is the signature colorway for Mk1 team member Connor Sheahan.

This is a watermelon colorway, something he became obsessed with after seeing a “protomelon” from Smashing Yoyos. This is a different take on that idea which keeps the color separation while spinning, which also smooths out the painterly green “rind” on the rim.

Every one of these looks slightly different due to the hand-drawn nature of the colorway.

Ham Dog also made some tricks with this, there’s more tricks out there of course, but here’s two of them:

13 Likes

I dig it

2 Likes

Looks perfect. Do you guys ship oversea???

1 Like

I do, but so does yoyoexpert!

3 Likes

took a pic of some Exias today.

21 Likes

Quick news update!

RBC is at the anodizer, just awaiting further news since it’s a bit trickier for this yoyo than others, I’ve been told. Everything else for this project is complete - packaging, parts, etc.

Another brand new production yoyo is nearing the end of manufacturing. This one hasn’t been teased yet, so hopefully it’ll be a fun surprise!

Several items are in prototyping, including the 2nd version of the Mk1 Spyglass, and there’s more yet that I’d love to start prototyping - but as you can see, there’s a lot in the pipeline already!

As it’s getting close to the end of the year, I’m also thinking about running more of the Exia and Contact, in new colorways.

20 Likes

The Spyglass looks super cool. Love the name too!

4 Likes

Yea I’m super intrigued by the spyglass

4 Likes

I missed the 3-year anniversary of Mk1!

These are the original Diffractions from my very first project (every single one of them). I still own two of them.

24 Likes

Do you ever plan on bringing them back?

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking about it now and then, but I don’t have a good slot for it in the release cycle yet.

If I were to make more, though - I’d need some cool new subtle fades to try out.

4 Likes

Gunmetal/forest green

3 Likes

The Penrose triangle is an object that can’t exist in 3 dimensions, first created by Oscar Reutersvärd in 1934. If you’ve picked up an Mk1 yoyo recently (thank you!), you may have spotted one on the packaging.

This 3d animation reveals how a “3d” version of this triangle only works from a single vantage point.

We’re using this symbol as a representation for a new Mk1 x ??? yoyo that is arriving soon.

In other news, the RBC is finally done with anodizing. It will probably be ready for next month. Thank you for your patience.

These were put in after the RBC and finished before. I actually have the full run with me now! It’s collabs as far as the eye can see.

21 Likes

Familiar elements with an unfamiliar slim secret boi

15 Likes

Smooth as butter!

got a chance to play with it at the Atlanta meetup and I gotta say boy are we in for a treat!

6 Likes

Love slim yoyos. I think I need this!

3 Likes

I second that. I think I also need it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Early 2022. Collaboration with Spiral.

29 Likes

As in Throw Spiral? That looks great. Mecha A-RT 420.

1 Like

Yeah, they go by just “Spiral" now.

3 Likes