Any Old Guys Here?

43 here! Literally just started 5 weeks ago and am totally obsessed. I’ve never had a hobby that is so meditative and frustrating at the same time.

There is NOTHING like landing a cool trick for the first time. I watched Andre do rewind and said “no way”. Then did it. Same with kwyjibo. Right now up to cold fusion. Working my way slowly. My boingy boing is more like a wet noodle than a bounce but someday.

I carry a OD downbeat EVERYWHERE LOL. always a moment to throw. Even at work for a mental health break.

Fantastic hobby. Wish I discovered it years ago.

6 Likes

So……….why don’t the old guys post in this thread? I figure if you are young enough to love to yoyo you can’t be old. Old is after the yoyo is put away. :sunglasses:

Thanks. It great to know I’m not the oldest yoyo player around. My wife thinks I’m crazy. But throwing my yoyo has helped a great deal with the arthritis in my fingers. Besides it’s fun.

1 Like

I’m sure that I’m the oldest at 81. I’m the oldest sponsored player in the world, thanks to Ernie Kaiser, General-Yo!

6 Likes

This is just AWESOME

That’s it. I’m setting a new target. Sponsored by age 81. I’ve got 38 years to get this done.

Although I’ll probably still be trying to get this stupid iron whip done by then

1 Like

65 and starting again after a little layoff.

2 Likes

33 here, married, 2 kids. Former Airborne Ranger w 3 tours. So I feel about 50 come 0500 every morning when it’s time to go to work. Throwing is quite therapeutic for me as far as mental health is concerned.

5 Likes

I just turned 28, and I have three kids and a wife. I feel old, does that count? Lol

1 Like

It’s funny how long life is. Too long, if you ask me.

I’m 52.

Nah man, I still need a terribly impractical $20k superbike in my life like a V4R, R1M, maybe a CBR1000RR SP, something like that. Sounds like you do too

Life doesn’t begin until you leave the internet. Looong life for you lol. :rofl:

1 Like

In all seriousness, the main piece of advice I give to people in their 20s (I am on the very cusp of 50) is to pace yourself, and try as best you can to make good long term decisions, because life goes on SO much longer than you think it will. So long. Soooo long.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint. And just like a real marathon, you’ll wish you were dead by the time you get to the actual end :wink:

(Also have you ever tried to actually run 26 miles? Brutal.)

1 Like

Am I the only 12 year old here?

There’s people of a wide variety of ages, which can lead to some inadvertent conflict. I’m still kinda sad about the way a kid was treated here for using the word generous <AIR QUOTES> “WRONG” </AIR QUOTES> in a post.

That was shameful.

1 Like

I am thankful that everyone on the fourm is nice. On most fourms, everyone is ugly to each other and it is just a big mess. This is my favorite fourm so far.

3 Likes

Yep used to run 26 miles on occasion. Now I play every day, flying my mountain bike higher and higher, and skiing starting the 22nd. WOOt ! On top of all that I yoyo just like I always have.

So good! :skier:

Hey wait a sec………where’s the yoyo emoji! The gloves come off now!:facepunch:

3 Likes

Is that you in your profile picture?

Nah…can’t get me to slow down long enough for pictures when I ski. Just can’t stand to wait for the camera set up when there are turns to make. Besides, my goal is to never have my pic on the internet! That way you never see me coming baawhaha! :japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

In my experience younger people think they will live forever and are quite surprised to see that it doesn’t. As in friends dying etc.

2 Likes