Any Old Guys Here?

And I retired the month this was started… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:

I think a lot of us would probably be surprised at the average member age here… I’d be it would be higher than expected

1 Like

Man… what you just said about throwin blocks your mind, or just releases stress, …awsome!

Old guys!? I thought this was the place for cool kids! I’m out of here.:mountain_biking_man:

3 Likes

Any Old Guys Here?

Ehhh, NO!!!

Well I do not throw as much or as well as I use to and I am rather ill. BUt at 69 I still enjoy yoyoing and reading thi blog. So YEA there a re a few of us old guys out here and we enjoy it.

1 Like

69 years old? Don’t let my grandmother hear you say that! My grandparents were married for 75 years, you’re just a baby. Acquiring a few more toys should improve the health!

1 Like

I’m wondering if there are any older yoyo players out there. I’m in my mind 60s and loving my new hobby.

2 Likes

What…
Are you looking for a prize? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks. It’s good to know that I’m not cRaZy.

Fantastic. How long have you been rooting?

And do you have a favorite trick?

Hey, Glenn Godsey here. I am now 81 years old and still throwing. Just thought i would update.

10 Likes

magritte, good to see you around. Always good to see long time throwers come around.

1 Like

Thanks. Glad to be here and still walking on top of the earth :yum:

3 Likes

At 53 I am wondering at what age declining dexterity will noticeably impact my play (more than it might already be impacting it). That’s the one downside to starting this so late in life.

3 Likes

How about old women? I’m 52 and, though I bought several yoyo’s a couple of years ago I just started really trying to learn. My church is in an underprivileged neighborhood and I work with kids both in church and in outreach programs. They light up when I bring out a yoyo and do the very little I can do, but my hope is to encourage them to try something new, productive and positive to work on when there are so many negative influences around them. Yeah… plus I never really grew up.

8 Likes

Growing up is overrated! :wink:

3 Likes

One of my favorite quotes/toasts-
“Here’s to a lifetime of complete disregard for age-appropriate developmental milestones”

2 Likes