Relics uncovered

As I go through some of my things in storage, I’m gonna be posting up yoyoe related items from years, gone by.

And his first item is definitely something from many years ago. Check out the date on the cover 1999. Look at Steve Brown…. he is young enough to be his own son. Jason Tracy, Mark McBride, and the other two I don’t remember?

The newsletter even contains an article that I wrote about basic lubing 22 years ago. That information is kind of dated for sure.

The one page of the high-performance team THP has a very interesting fellow in the lower right corner. None other than Paul Han. He is one bad man. He was back then, and he still is now.

This thread will probably not seem too interesting to many. But for those that have been around for a while, it’s going to get more interesting as I breakout stuff that they certainly will remember. And for some of you guys that haven’t been around for a while, you’ll see stuff that you may have never seen and you shake your head and go wow crazy stuff.

Trust me on this, I got a whole Lotta stuff. I’m gonna be posting up.

40 Likes

Thanks Mo Yo.

3 Likes

Realize that that was something ‘they’ started at Goldenapple.

I wrote the article, but they wrote the title.

My nickname is ‘Mo’. They decided it just kinda naturally went with ‘Yo’.

And they are the ones That started calling me yo-yo doctor. I had nothing to do with it. I guess I just kind of flowed along with it.

7 Likes

Love it. Thanks for sharing

4 Likes

holy crap this is amazing, I wonder if you will uncover the yoyo you used to demonstrate.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t bet Doc to have or find that demo yo you speak of………?

2 Likes

The next few pics will certainly qualify my induction into the Hall of Fame for the Criminally Insane>

Look at the date on the label. These OG Freehands have been in the box they were sent in, for 20 years…

![image

PS… the 4 Stunt Pilots and the Nuclear Ace were also in the box, but I don’t recall what year I put them in with the Freehands?

Next is a box of Bolt halves Dale sent me years ago, to fiddle with…

This next one is back there, lol. Some Spintastics Tigersharks I picked up at Worlds in Hawaii back in 1999. Brand new, never thrown.>

PS… the Goldenapple yo-yos were just for the photobomb effect, :grin:

Next up… I found an old Infinite Illusions backpack in the corner of the shop. I opened it up and inside are some pretty nice yoyos

Last image for today is one of about a dozen 23 year old yo-yos. I was using the parts for a mod I use to do. But I got tired of the ‘Mod’ and/no more mods means they’ve been in their velvet containers, forever😳

One more image…

Just to let you know how I could afford to buy all this stuff. I started doing Automotive Collision repair about 50 years ago. I was just a child at the time. You will notice that in the photo, I was so short, I didn’t even have knees yet.

Amazingly, I had a strong advantage when working on the lower dents.

32 Likes

That Severe! Such a nice bunch of photos

2 Likes

More relics>

A bag of Yoyojam Heavy gravity and some old misc. Jams>

Cases of Yomega Strobe yo-yos and Hyper Loops>

New Kicksides and Enyo Patriots>

An old bucket of random stuff dumped in a basket >

Sadly, I’m just getting started😳

24 Likes

holy crap those yoyojams look so cool

1 Like

Sadly…… almost every one of them is cracked around the hub/axle area.

are they still playable?

Omg. If you ever want to get rid of those bolt halves…

5 Likes

Why would I want to ‘get rid ‘of them?

Why don’t I just send you some?

PM me your mailing information.

I have a soft spot for fellow modders. :joy:

8 Likes

New… old Renegades

Astro-jax

File cabinet odds and ends drawer

Odds and ends

![image|375x500](upload://

This is getting monotonous >

More even>

I still have a few more file cabinets…… but ‘this’ one made me smile. Over the last few years, I have seen a few people selling an old glow Duncan, for’Hundreds’ of dollars. They say it is a very rare yo-yo and commands that kinda ‘Collectors bounty’.
……So, I’m looking through a few hundred yo-yos in storage and there it is. The Duncan Glow yo-yo. The price tag says a dollar something😂

Duncan Orbs>

I really miss this guy. Never knew his name but we use to chat about modding. He did a small fundraiser for a place in his neck of the woods that does pet rescue mainly cats. He consigned one drop to make a batch of 20 Codes 2 yo-yos. The ano has little cat footprints on it He never told me he had mental issues. But he did tell he had serious health issues. Then he went and killed himself.

He was ok by me. Here is the one I bought>

A few Eric Koloski Heavy Gravity yo-yos >

…I would buy the Sunday paper on the way out of Chico after Nationals each year. This is the Sunday paper from the 2000 Nats… my, how time flies>

18 Likes

I love seeing this collection! I hope you keep uncovering history for those of us that love to see it! Having one or two classics is exciting but having bins would have me held up indoors drooling over "My Precious’ "

What would it take to convince you to part with a set of those OG Astrojax? I love seeing those in the wild especially in that stand up packaging. :drooling_face:

1 Like

this is the most incredible treasure trove i’ve ever seen!

2 Likes

Man, so much of this stuff is from before I was even alive!

I’m just waiting for the day you make a museum at your house like Lucky.

4 Likes

A much smaller version is most certainly in the works. As you can see, much of the inventory is still in crates. They have been moved into the staging area…

21 Likes