YYWS Returns

Hello and Happy Holidays everybody!

I am ALL ears. I want to hear what YOU want to see from me this upcoming year.

I changed my career, moved to Hawaii, and have had a tough three years…since closing the doors of YYWS (which I thought for awhile would be permanent).

I’m starting up the YYWS train again. REDACTED released 12/15 here on YYE.

You have my full attention. Ask me anything, tell me anything. Let’s go!

-Wayne

20 Likes

Every YoYo you all did a collaboration with was awesome (the lesser known Kraken included). Would love to see more designs - maybe some rereleases of some of the older models in short runs.

Just glad you all are back!

6 Likes

Awesome comment and great suggestions.

I think that yoyos like “Armament” and “Halyard” have run their course….but what about a new, updated “Capstan” or a plastic throw? :slight_smile:

Not sure a collaboration is in the near-term, but I’m definitely working some angles on that front.

Thanks for the comment and ideas!

7 Likes

Glad to see YYWS back! Besides Redacted, do you have any yoyos planned or any ideas that you want to explore?

4 Likes

Hi! We have a few planned, but they’re in their infancy stages. I have a habit of getting ahead of myself, which lets people get their hopes up. So I’m going to hold off on the details of future plans until I have something tangible to show you guys.

We’re glad to be back!

2 Likes

As a relatively new yoyo player, the history of YYWS entirely eludes me. So to me it might be nice to see a model that’s either a rerun or an update of an old design that you’d consider to be the most emblematic yoyo of what your company is all about. I’m unsure of what your yoyos are like or what design trends you lean towards. The only thing I know is that some pretty good players have very positive things to say about your yoyos.

6 Likes

Hey! Glad you picked up a yoyo and started to get into it!

I completely understand where you are coming from. I encourage you to check out our instagram: @yoyoworkshop

We have pics, vids, and things from all the way back to our start in 2014. Good place to see what we’re all about.

Lastly, copy on the rerun of an older design. We’ll be working on modifying an older design and bringing it to modern standards - FOR SURE!

5 Likes

I have a question @yoyoworkshop_wayne . What happened to that Robin Stricklin guy? He’s such a weirdo…

7 Likes

Oh you know, he became an adult and moved on from my silly ■■■!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve liked every YYWS yoyo I’ve gotten my hands on, and I’m sure I’ll like whatever you guys come up with.
Maybe something sort of Cthulhu size/shape but bimetal, we need more good undersized comp oriented bimetals. I have a Von Boom redacted on they way, but I need more Von Booms please!!!

PS. Anybody got a Von Boom seamonkey? I’d pay top dollar for one.

9 Likes

More vonbooms…noted! Thanks for picking up a REDACTED. You are going to love it!!

We’re talking about doing an undersized yoyo at some point - so we’re on the same page there!!

Thanks for the support my friend, we appreciate it tremendously!

9 Likes

glad to hear y’all are back! big ups!

6 Likes

Please update the Capstan! That’s my favorite YYWS release, and I’d live to see a new version. It’s great to have you back!

5 Likes

100% going to happen!

Thank you!

5 Likes

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Super excited for your return. Looking forward to getting my hands on the Redacted ( USPS has it in transit currently).
I know you mentioned that you’re not really looking into collaborations at the moment. But the Sea Monkey is something the community would go nuts for right now. MFD’s popularity has exploded as the community has grown and more and more people are becoming collectors. I know Ray is super busy and ultimately the timing for both companies probably isn’t right, just yet. But I just wanted to express my opinion. Here’s a couple more thoughts:

1. I’d love to see some sort of D bearing model.
  2. An updated version of the Capstan.
  3. Putting a team back together and releasing signature designs for some of the members.

Thanks for your time, and welcome back.

4 Likes

Hey Bryan! Good to hear from you!

Vic, Zakk, and I have been talking about….a revised Capstan…smaller…lighter…and D bearing.

I plan to check off two boxes on your wishlist in one release!

Enjoy the REDACTED. I personally want to know how you like it!

-Wayne

4 Likes

Awesome to see the return!! Loving the look and the cover artwork for the redacted haha! Would be so cool to see the cover art etched on one half or one with just the body in the stew LOL!. Hopefully I can pick one up after the holidays if my wallet allows me to hahaha!

1 Like

I really wanted to put the art on the yoyo…it’s just way too detailed and wound up looking like a blown out tattoo :confused:

3 Likes

Might be worth linking up with Ineffable Throws to see if they have ideas; their yo-yos have had some incredibly intricate laser etchings that came out really well.

1 Like